Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: walking funny, head rushes and dizziness

walking funny, head rushes and dizziness

Hiya,
    Stuff similar to this has been mentioned before i think but im worried. I get dizziness every day and when i walk i feel as if im being pulled over to one side. I sometimes have to grab onto someone or something or stop and start walking again. I also get a funny kind of numb feeling in my legs that feels as if they will collapse under me. I also feel kinda like a weird jolt up my back that makes me feel and walk funny. I constantly feel like i am swaying- even when standing still. Also, i get head rushes every time i stand up even when i get up slowly and sometimes when i am just sitting down. I have started on tablets but its only been about 10 days so far and im taking the fish oil capsules. I am scared of going out alone, although i do have a full time job so its costing me a fortune in taxi fares to get to work.
    I dont really know what to do anymore. On the plus side i had a really good day yesterday- i went for a meal with my family and then went shopping. Although i think the only way i managed it was to have a couple of glasses of wine.
    Anyway-thank you for listening. I hope everyone else is doing well.

Em xxx

Hi Emmie,

I do honestly think that these are symptoms of anxiety (I have similar ones). It never hurts to get yourself checked out by a GP though - often the reassurance of hearing that nothing is wrong with you will be enough to kick-start feeling better.

Just think about the effects that the alcohol that you drank yesterday ad on you. If you had something horribly wrong with you then it would have made you worse. But it made you feel better, which means that its relaxant effects were working on your anxiety - this to me proves that it is the anxiety that is causing the symptoms.

I think that doing some progressive relaxation might help you. Take time out twice a day to fully relax your body and do deep breathing. This has an accumulative effect over time and you may find yourself feeling better when you least expect it.

take care
    Gareth

*** I think, therefore I'm anxious ***

Hi Em

Well done on going for the meal.

I've had all of your symptoms and they all sound like anxiety to me. I spent a couple of years feeling like I was on a boat constantly. I still get it now when I'm stressed too.

The jolt up your neck could be do to muscle spasms as you're so tense. Try having a hot bath, massage or both. It might help a little.

All your symptoms are commone ones of anxiety so try and not worry about them too much. Dizziness can be a big thing for lots of us.

Just focus on the good day like yesterday and keep telling yourself that nothing bad has happened to you and you will be ok.

Keep in touch
    Hugs

Jules

Thanks for your replies!
    Gareth-ive been to the doctors quite a few times about different symptoms over the last few years. Im starting to feel like a hypochondriac! lol I will have to try the relaxation thing- i find it hard to relax at all though. I always want to be doing something.

Jules- i am trying to look at yesterday as a positive step because i had a really good day and nobody would have ever believed that i get all these symptoms because i was enjoying myself. The problem is that i just wish id been able to do it without the wine but before i had them i felt really dizzy and kind of blurry headed. I think some people dont believe me that i feel the way i do because when they see me when im out and have ahad a couple of drinks i sometimes seem like theres nothing wrong at all.

Love Em x

hi Em,

I get this on and off as well, nornally when feeling very anxious. I always feel like I'm being pulled to the right. These are just symptoms of anxiety and you have nothing to worry about. Well done for going out for a meal!!

Sarah

Hi Em,

Sounds like anxiety to me - I had about three months of this last summer and I too felt I was being pulled to one side. Sure it will pass as soon as you get less scared of it.

Love Piglet

I get this too - the feeling like you're falling on to one side. It's very worrying, but I'm encouraged to know I'm not alone in getting it. I'm trying to see all these symptoms as just a variation of "normal".

Im glad im not the only one then! lol
    I went to the shopping centre yesterday and had my boyfriend on one side and i had to walk right next to the shop windows to stop myself feeling like i was being pulled to one side! Very strange! And i nearly broke my boyfriend's arm as i was grabbing it so hard! lol

Hi Emmie,

I do a lot of the hanging onto things because i think i am falling over.
    I find it hard to put one foot in front of the other some days - especially on stairs !!!
    Nothing bad has ever happened though, thankfully.
    Hope you feel better soon.

Love
    Sue

wow you really wanted to get that point axross-so much so that you posted it 3 times! lol im just kidding. Thank you for your reply Sue- im glad to hear nothing bad has happened. I guess im lucky to have an understanding boyfriend-although he thinks its sweet when i hang onto things but i just feel like punching him! lol although i dont advocate violence! lol

Em
    xxx

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information