Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just want to sleep

Re: I just want to sleep

Hi

I went though this back in 2006 when I first got my Anx. I tried everything. Drugs worked but I would wake early. How I conquered it was:-

I changed the time of going to sleep dramatically everyday. Never the same time each day. This I found broke the cycle of thought patterns that build up with routine.

I forced myself to get up and read if I was not asleep after 10 Mins. Sometimes I stayed up all night and felt terrible all day, good job I could come and go at work.

After 2 Weeks of this I found my body reacted by forcing me to go to sleep at any time of the day. I used to fight it and only go to sleep after 10pm.

I started walking everyday 4 miles 2 miles in a morning 2 miles at tea time.

It felt I was trying to trick my mind in to sleeping.

I read some great books. I now fall asleep very easy and mostly in front of the TV. I wake at 5am ish and go upstairs to differing success of getting back off to sleep. Same rules apply at 5am get up after 10 Mins and read a book, make a cup of hot milk. Light the open fire and fall asleep when I cant keep my eyes open anymore.

Hope this helps a little. Do the opposite to what you want.

Mee

Hi I suffer from chronic insomnia and can end up not sleeping for several nights and then all of a sudden will sleep. The only way of combatting it is the hard way - not worrying about it and keeping your mind active on something else. It has taken me about a year getting there. In the end the body will sleep and it will give you no choice.

Zopiclone and drugs are only a temporary solution (if you can call then a solution in my opinion), and when I took them, indeed I slept like sleeping beauty but I was kidding myself, it took me months and months to come off them and I ended up right where I started, but much worse............ I'm yet to be convinced of its uses. Nytol just leaves you more tired than when you begun unless you take the herbal version (harmless but useless).

One would be advised to train the mind over a very long period of time. i found it easier when I stopped feeling sorry for myself and accepted it more. I do a stressful job which implies I need all the sleep I can get. It turned out that my porblem was digestive (I have had a few really lazy doctors who like to think I was depressed and anxious so they could perscribe a load of cheap drugs and avoid costly investigation - luckily I changed to a really knowledge team - quite lucky really) so with a new diet and a bit more faith I ride through the periods I don't sleep knowing in the end there will longer periods with sleep (I look forward to them). I try not to scare myself. Not easy but can be done - no magic wands!!!!!

Just a little post scrip - sometimes when we sleep we are not aware of it and it may feel like we have had less than we really had. Also just read this through and it sounds really arrogant, sorry if anyone thinks this, but I think I have suffered enough and need to move on by deciding to feel better. It works for me for now.

Tulip123

I know how annoying that can be. I've been going through this extereme case for the last 2 weeks. Finally got some med's from my doc, I hope tonight is a good night.

Are you able to get anything from your doc?

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Mystic View Post
    I am sick sick sick of not being able to sleep. I just lie there in a half comotose state everynight with a serious anxious feeling in my chest.

gggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Please let me sleep

Quote Originally Posted by katiedarling View Post
    I always fall asleep super easily, cause I am always so tired. I fall alseep right away, but every single night for the past like 2 weeks, I wake up about 4 hours later,...and it feels like I stay awake for HOURS, not being able to go back to sleep. The more I lie there, the more anxious I become,
    Sounds like me! I'm hoping for the best tonight. I'm going to go to bed an usual but when I wake i'm going to take my medication and hope that will get me through the rough part of the night/morning. I tend to sleep ok from about 10 until about 1-2am, then its nothing but toss and turn in and out of sleep until about 530.. then the anxiety sets in.

Insomnia Ahhhhhhhh what a problem this is for me too, for almost 2 years now i have had the annoying problem of bad sleep and none sleep! I've stayed up all night on many occasions just praying for sleep to come then gone to work at 6 for 8 hours. I've tried Nytol (works wonders but only short term) relaxation cd's, milky drinks, warm baths, lavender sprays and camomille tea. I know its anxiety related so finally went to doctors about the anxiety, got put on Sertraline 50mg then 2 weeks later SLEEP!!! Then my dose was increased to 100mg........................................... INSOMNIA returned Arrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

3 weeks in still not sleeping but its not as bad, just hoping the meds will do the trick but i'm not too confident :(

I'm glad to hear i aint cracking up and there are more us out there feeling frustrated and crazy with insomnia (i mean that in the nicest possible way lol)

Phoennixxs11

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information