Thread: Breathlessness

Breathlessness

I would like to know if anyone suffers from this or a sensation of it!

I dont know whether this applies to all anxiety sufferers or just asthmatics like myself!

I feel like my body is alive but not breathing and like my stomach doesnt rise when i breathe!

It feels terrible and i worry alot but breathlessness is when your gagging for breathe isnt it and other people ca see it but i think its just a sensation of breathlessness cant be anything serious although sometimes i worry its a blood clot but ive had it before for about 4 weeks and i was i could get rid of it and the sensation that im choking all the time as well they are probably the most worrying symptoms i have!

hi andrew,
    im like you with the breathing issue, its very frightening aint it, i seem to get up in the morning and feel out of breath, but then i smoke, so i know it dosent help, i seem to feel a little better as the day wears on, so i think if there was anything going on, i would be like it all day, ive always got my breathing on my mind and cant get rid of the thoughts so i try to occupy my mind by doing things to keep my mind occupied i know exactly how your feeling
    take care
    luv sue x

Andrew - I remeber it well, I described it as taking air in but it felt like someone had taken the oxygen out of it.

THANKFULLY - with breathing exercises I now have this one under control. When I feel breathy I take four long low breaths in through the nose feeling the air in the back of my throat expanding my stomach. Then I refuse to think about it again and distract myself. With practice this has worked 100% in halting that rising I can't breathe panic.

Good luck, it can be overcome I promise.

Take care...Angie

You're not alone in this . Its an extremely common symptom. If you can do a reasonable peak flow you're doing just fine.

Cant get any air in
    general anxiety
    Reverse panic
    Feeling Awful Today

Breathing!!
    Everyone please read this!!!!! ( breathing weird )

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi Andrew,i feel sometimes as if I dont fill my lungs,How about breathing deep and sighing loud, I am asthmatic too (on inhalors) but find this works for me, sometimes if im anxious I forget to breathe correctly but by making myself aware I can make myself worse,Love Alexis,x

Thread Information