Thread: Heart and Cancer Benefits of Purple Grape Juice!! It's true!!

Heart and Cancer Benefits of Purple Grape Juice!! It's true!!

Hey folks,

If like me you worry about your heart read on.

My GP has suggested I try drinking Purple Grape Juice along with a healthy diet to help my heart and apparently it can help reduce cancer risks too.
    It has to be purple grape juice from concord grapes as these have the most antioxidants.
    (I suffer from anxiety related ectopics and tachycardia and worry constantly about my heart health)
    I looked at him like he was mad then smiled politely and left when I saw him earlier this week.
    He said it helps to keep the arteries clear, helps reduce cholesterol and helps blood flow reducing clotting of blood in the heart etc and can help fight free radicals which can turn ealthy cells into cancerous ones.
    I thought he was mad but googled it and he was right, there is a lot of stuff about it on the net and it is really good for you especially for your heart.
    Every little helps when you are anxious like we are and it looks like it is really good for you.
    Just thought I would post this as anything we can do to help our health may help our anxiety too

http://www.atouchofgrey.com/GrapeJuice.html

Re: Heart and Cancer Benefits of Purple Grape Juice!! It's true!!

Thanks for starting this thread...your Dr is right on the button! I have found the best one is Welch's concord purple grape juice, a wee bit expensive but worth it. It is always good to find something that you can do to help..my anxiety stems from cardiovascular worries too. Cheers!!

Another thing thats good which i read from the "which" magazine was beetroot juice, it won a award for been good for the heart and lowering blood pressure, it even says it on the bottle! I get mine in a bottle from the local supermarket.

http://www.webmd.com/hypertension-hi...blood-pressure

Love

Andrea
    xxxxx

Cheers Honeybee...I thought I'd read that somewhere too, but worried about the salt content as i have high blood pressure. Maybe you have more info and I would be happy to hear it. As you say gotta do anything that makes us feel a bit in control.XX

Hi There

I use the James White Organic beetroot juice, i have just looked at the bottle and it says 90 percent beetroot 10percent apple juice and no other ingrediants. I have been taking it now for a couple of weeks one glass a day. its about a litre bottle and once opened must be consumed within 4 days, its quite nice actually cold from the fridge. Its not that cheap though at sainsburys its £2.50 a bottle but on offer at Morrisons at £2 at the moment.
    You just have to be aware though it can turn your urine pink.lol so dont be alarmed if it does.

http://www.heartbeet.info/

Andrea
    xxxx

Thanks, gonna buy that tomorrow. I eat a lot of beetroot any way so I'm often p--ing pink!! I am really grateful for your help on this one as I need something positive to do. Take care and thanks again .XX

Hi Mac

If you eat alot of beetroot you could also buy one of those cheap juicers from Argos, i think you can get one for about £10 and make your own juice . Im thinking of getting one will save money in the long run and you can use it for juicing cerlery,carrot, bananna etc all healthy things for the heart .

Good luck

Andrea
    xxxx

Hey Folks,

Just thought I would lt you know that I have been drinking a lot of the 100% purple grape juice for a few days and I am amazed but my ectopics have reduced a lot!!!
    I am still getting them but not as frequently and my pulse has slowed down bit too.
    I know it may sound strange and it may not work for everyone and it may only be temporary but it has certainly reduced the frequency of mine and I will continue to try it. I have read a lot about it and it seems to be top of the natural remedies for palpitations.

Got to say that i think there is a link between the grape juice and the ectopics too. I drank a lot for a while then stopped and found the ectopics slowly coming back until they were numerous again...started the purple grape juice again a couple of weeks ago and this week I have hardly had any 'flippy' beats.... will stay on it and see how we go! Result??!!

Thread Information