Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Swallowing / throat problems / Being strangled!

Swallowing / throat problems / Being strangled!

Hi all

The reason I am posting this is to try and reassure people and explain a few things.

I replied to a post a long time ago about having problems swallowing (see previous post at MORE HORRID SYMPTOMS!!!!)

I haven't had the problem with swallowing etc for a long time but this week it has come back with avengence.

I feel like someone is strangling me and I find it hard to swallow and even have a sore throat. I can't seem to get food down my throat and it feels as though it is sticking.

Does this sound familiar? We have had loads of recent posts about this so I thought I would post this.

Now there is a reason for this coming back. I am quite stressed this week over some driving issues that I have and the long drive to the meet-up last week-end really shook me up. I am also feeling dizzy so that to me is a sign of anxiety as well.

I KNOW that this is just a symptom from that.

It can't hurt me and it will go away when I calm down. I am not dying, I don't need cameras down my throat and it is NOT throat cancer. I will be able to eat properly again very soon.

It is just anxiety and a bit of stress and IT WILL GO.

In a week or so I will post again to tell you that it has gone but I just wanted people to realise that I know how horrid it is to have these problems swallowing but they do go and they will go like mine will.

I hope this reassures at least someone that has similar issues as I know it is hard to cope with but I am not letting it worry me I am just accepting it is anxiety and it will go once I am calmer.

Not sure if this helps anyone or not but I hope so. In time you learn to live with the horrid symptoms and accept them for what they are and not panic every time they re-surface.

For what it is worth, sucking sweets or chewing gum helps me.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Im sure this will help reassure many people Nicola. Thank you for posting this

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

hi Nicola. I am so sorry you feel bad and yes the first thing I have to agree is the "meet up" was hard but fun too I may add.
    It has raised my anxiety levels off the scale too and I did not have the travelling problems you had.
    As I replied in another post tonight, I too had throat problems but once on the road to recovery you do not get these horrible thoughts, the problem may re occur but you know it is only anxiety.
    really Nicola Im just seconding what youve said and sending you love and hugs for each day to get better for you, love Alexis,xx
    PS xxxxxxxxxxx from piggy

Hi Nicola,
    thanks do much for your post, it is so reasurring. I am currently trying to let it sink in that my food sticking in throat/lump in throat stuff is anxiety related. I dont seem to have the problem half as much but I have to remind myself daily that when I do get these symptoms it is due to anxiety. your post has given me hope that as long as I keep focused and remind myself that anxiety causes these symptoms then I dont need to worry about it and learn to live with it

lucy x

Hi Nicola

Thanks for your post, I'm sorry you are having a bad week - I hope you feel better soon.

I am very new to anxiety so what I am experiencing is new and quite scary as it is not familiar, but reading your post makes me realise that I can learn to live with it once I recognise the symptoms as anxiety.

I'm just glad I found this website as it is nice to chat to people who understand and who give great advice and encouragement!

Thanks again

Helen x

Hi Nic !

The fact that you recognise these symptoms as anxiety and stress is so brilliant and is also very reassuring, I know at tims I send myself round th bend thinking the worse, but everything you have written is so true.

I hope that the throat eases off during the next few days and that your back on chat with your usual confidence and support.

I have had some really happy times on this site recently thanks to you and the other guys and it feels like I am a little family of people who understand and that's all thanks to you

So keep going girl!!!!

Love

Sue with 5

scknight

Hi Nic

I had this one too last year when I was suffering with my stomach/heartburn indigestiony thing and didn't like it at all.

piglet feels sad for a moment remembering the horrible throat thing.

Hope it passes quickly.

Love Pigxx

Hi Nic,

Thanks for post i'm sure it has put alot of peoples mind at rest. sorry to hear your feeling stressed, you did really well with the drive, and on your own too, i have no problem with driving but think i would have been a bit funny too coming all that way on my own,

hope you feel better soon,

big hug

see i can do big and colour now yeehaaa cheers Alexis,

kairen x

I have had this the past week too Nic - BUMMER!!

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

hope u feel better soon nic i get that when im really stressed and i know its nothing.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information