Thread: have i got a brain tumor? really scared :-(

have i got a brain tumor? really scared :-(

i'm looking for some advice as im really scared i've got a brain tumor. I've had really noticable ringing in my right ear for nearly 3 weeks now (tinnitus) that gets worse and more 'squealy' when pressure is applied (ie when i yawn/stick my finger in my ear). Also i've been getting really bad aching behind my right eye, (sometimes made better by wearing my glasses) and 'cluster headaches' (i think they're called this) on the right side of my head. Also at times I get this weird thing, the only way i can describe it is like a twichy feeling in my brain, like when u feel like ur gonna hickup or something.... it makes me feel scared that i'm going to have a seizure or something. I do suffer from anxiety so I dont know if it could be related to this but it all seems a bit too much that its all on the same side.

Im going to the doctors tomorrow but I dont know whether to just say ' i think i have a brain tumor!'

has anyone else ever had these symptoms?

thanks

x

Re: have i got a brain tumor? really scared :-(

A few years ago when I wasn't anxious I got referred to the hospital for ringing in my ears had a hearing test (fine) and consultant decided to send me for a brain scan I couldn't believe it I had no weird symptoms, I had the scan and I didn't have a brain tumour, doc said it was tinnitus and not to worry about it.
    I am sure that you will be fine

Debbie

Hi jenny

I really dont think you have a brain tumour but its best to go and see your doctor to put your mind at rest. I get the ringing in my ear and I can hear my heart beating, I am going to the ENT in a couple of weeks as its driving me mad. It also makes me giddy so I definetly think its to do with my ears but caused by anxiety.
    Let me know what the doctor says, take care.

Sharona

Hi Jenny, if you've got a brain tumour I will take my clothes off and run across my local golf course with "the 19th hole" written above my bottom

Sounds like you've got some kind of ear infection or congestion, something like that, but please do tell your doctor what you're afraid of. Always tell your doctor what you're afraid of. That way they can have a look at you and reassure you that there is nothing to be afraid of

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

i went through the same thing. 2 months of doctors and headaches all day every day later, no brain tumor. simple stress related tension headaches caused by my overal health anxiety.

dont worry, you would KNOW if you had something serious.

Quote Originally Posted by justjenny View Post
    i'm looking for some advice as im really scared i've got a brain tumor. I've had really noticable ringing in my right ear for nearly 3 weeks now (tinnitus) that gets worse and more 'squealy' when pressure is applied (ie when i yawn/stick my finger in my ear). Also i've been getting really bad aching behind my right eye, (sometimes made better by wearing my glasses) and 'cluster headaches' (i think they're called this) on the right side of my head. Also at times I get this weird thing, the only way i can describe it is like a twichy feeling in my brain, like when u feel like ur gonna hickup or something.... it makes me feel scared that i'm going to have a seizure or something. I do suffer from anxiety so I dont know if it could be related to this but it all seems a bit too much that its all on the same side.

Im going to the doctors tomorrow but I dont know whether to just say ' i think i have a brain tumor!'

has anyone else ever had these symptoms?

thanks

x

You do not have a brain tumour.

well i wish i wud have never clicked to open this thread. coz now im worried i have one.

i have on and off ringing in left and right ear. headaches that feel more tension based. constant spaceyness. and aching tired eyes. but my doc thinks its anxiety and i went to the opticians 2 weeks ago who dint see anything and also tested pressure behind my eyes? shud this be re-assuring?

Also i had all these feelings sstraight after my first panic attack out the blue.....so is that showing its obviously anxiety? i dont have nose bleeds or anything like that...im so scared of looking up symptoms for this now coz u can guarantee i will have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawton86 View Post
    well i wish i wud have never clicked to open this thread. coz now im worried i have one.

i have on and off ringing in left and right ear. headaches that feel more tension based. constant spaceyness. and aching tired eyes. but my doc thinks its anxiety and i went to the opticians 2 weeks ago who dint see anything and also tested pressure behind my eyes? shud this be re-assuring?

Also i had all these feelings straight after my first panic attack out the blue.....so is that showing its obviously anxiety? i don't have nose bleeds or anything like that...im so scared of looking up symptoms for this now coz u can guarantee i will have them.
    And you don't have one either.

Thread Information