Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madness

Madness

Hi everyone
    Just wondered if anyone had more mental than physical symptoms?
    I feel my anxiety has moved on a stage.
    I can cope with almost all the physical symptoms,in fact i dont really notice that many anymore.
    Now,i genuinely feel im going mad,or developing a mental illness like schizophrenia.The sensations i feel are very frightening,i can be doing something such as making tea and i suddenly feel like an intense "madness" setting in and it can last for ages.
    What if i havnt been suffering anxiety at all,and what if i have made myself mentally ill?
    I am so scared

Hunny [V]

*What if i havnt been suffering anxiety at all,and what if i have made myself mentally ill?*

Fortunately for us both - this is impossible

Read Megs story on the home page. I had long serious convesations about it to my Bf.
    Now he says he could hardly keep a straight face after the first few chats and there was no sign of it at all but he could see just how upset and scared I was.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hellp Hunny,

The times I have felt like this and questioned my sanity run into the hundreds.

You started with anxiety and you still suffer anxiety.

Your brain has had enough of dealing with the physical symptoms so has decided to distance itself in order to protect you.

Sounds weird I know but believe me that is what has happened. I know because I went through exactly the same pattern myself.

I do not get ANY physical symptoms any more, only psychological.

Although hard to bear, they cannot hurt you or drive you into mental illness or any form of insanity.

Jude x

Be gentle with yourself....you just need some time to heal.

Jude .. more progress ...

Great.

Meg

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.

Hi Hunny,

Please don't worry you are NOT going mad. People who are mad arn't able to think there going mad they don't have any concept of it all.

Take care hun and I hope you can take comfort in others advice to. I know how worrying it is as one of my maine fears is that I will loose the plot! You won't be needing that straight jacket though honest I never had!!!!!!!!

Take care hun,

Love PIP'S XX

Thank you for you replies.I wish i could feel reassured,i still feel that noone could really have felt this way from anxiety.
    How do you know the difference(i know its been said that if you were going mad you wouldnt know),but what if its schizophrenia?
    An ex boyfriend of mine died from that and although i was no longer in contact with him,it seemed terrifying for all concerned.
    Im worried for my family.
    In the past i have feeling when i thought i was going mad,but they seem like nothing compared to this.
    Sorry for going on
    Hunny x

hi Hunny,

I often feel that my anxiety is more mental than physical. The physical symptoms disappeared after a while and I only get them every once in a while. My main problem is the fight that seems to go on in my head between my rational side and my irrational one!! Is this what you mean?

Sarah

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Not really
    I can be sitting talking to someone seemingly quite normally and suddenly ill be thinking, im going mad im going mad,whilst the other person is speaking.
    I just have this feeling of not being able to think straight ,sometimes i think my behaviour is "hyper" and strange.I can look at pictures in magazines of peoples faces and feel like they are evil or they are going to jump out at me.
    Its like an eternal buzzing in my head(without noise)
    Now,i know this is not normal.Im scared that i will deteriorate further
    Hunny

Hunny ..

I've been there, mine was more people on the telly though.

You're focusing on it ..thats all- so it makes it 1100xxx worse

I can assure you ,that you are as sane and sensible as us.

Meg

Meg is right in what she says hunny. We have been there and know exactly how this feels.

Meg has helped me so much over the past 12 months and I trust her. She knows what you are talking about and you must believe her.

I was so confused in both thought and feeling before I found this site. Meg and Nicola have been my guiding light. Put your trust in them, believe what they tell you and let them guide you to safety as they did me.

All the members here have experienced panic and anxiety, some to horrendous degrees. You are not feeling anything abnormal, strange or new. I promise.

Jude x

Be gentle with yourself....you just need some time to heal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information