Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: high anxiety before periods??

high anxiety before periods??

Sorry to all you fellas out there, but ive got a girlie question to ask - does anyone find their anxiety and depression gets bad again about a week before their periods - ive kept a diary last couple of months and to the day it seems to get worse?? any comments

Re: high anxiety before periods??

Yes much, much worse for me too.

I'm a nervous wreck and i really can't seem to manage daily life during this time, it really is that bad. I hate it so much, it seems the older i'm getting the worse it gets too.

I'm 33 and i've had enough of it. I'm currently trying to sort things out with doc regarding a Endometrial Ablation, I wonder if this will take the PMS away though because that's the worst part of it.

I too have started a diary and noticed that it begins about 10 days before and peaks just before I start to bleed, have to agreed with Katie it seems to be getting worse as I am getting older I am 42. Also notice that I am very prone to the physical signs of anxiety around this tiime too, I also seem to be on a very short fuse and can get quite weepy.

The joys of being a woman I suppose

Debbie

absolutely yes!!

Ive noticed it about ten days before too with the couple of days before i start the worst.
    I'm 33 and its getting worse with age.

Get lots of physical symptoms plus emotional and anxiety hits top end.

hate it as it feels like i just finish my period then have a week where i am ok ish then bang...

hey ho

choco xx

yep i have really bad anxiety the week before plus really bad pmt! x

Yes loads and loads of posts about it on here so have a search

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

thanks for all your replies, period due anytime and waking up feeling like im shaking inside. does anyone actually feel like they are getting all their anxiety and depression problems back or do you just get grumpy, feel better as day goes on but really breaking out into panicky hot sweats in morning etc, i feel like im going mad, have to sit in the garden and try to calm down before i take kids to school, such a big struggle when you have to act normal in front of kids when inside you feel like you are cracking up!

I suffer from this too, its awful, even though the Citalopram helps me a lot, this last month was awful, I felt really anxious and jittery, nervous and just generally worried and on edge for over a week.
    My HA increases and I worry about everything and just feel a nervous wreck. It does pass slowly but its a horrible feeling of just worrying and wanting to cry, I know its not nice for men on the receiving end but its much worse for us ladies having to feel and go thru all these emotions, my doc said it can get worse with age. I am the dreaded 40 next year and am really not looking forward to it all...

I act like a bipolar banshee when I'm near my period.

Shrimp, I am 29 and my anxiety is like 100 times worse about a week before I am due. Like everyone has said it seems to be getting worse as I get older. As far as the shakes, I get those as well seems to only be at night either right before I fall asleep or right when my alarm is about to go off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information