Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: insomnia, insomnia, insomnia etc....

insomnia, insomnia, insomnia etc....

hi everyone...

My name is pops, I am a self employed licencee (A tee total one) would you believe it, it's coming up to 3 years this christmas I would have been in this business, hard work would be an understatement...

It's quiet a paradox, when a found this website I felt so relieved and re-assured that there were others out there who felt the same, then in the same breath you feel disheartened that people should have to continue feeling helpless considering the day and age we live in.

02.12 still wide eyed, and tried and tested advice would be very much appreciated.

kind regards pops.

Hello Pops

Sorry you're not having a restful night.

Sleep zzzzz

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi Pops

WLCOME TO THE SITE

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

Hi Pops, welcome, I too have great difficulty in sleeping,I have tried what I believe to be almost everything except medication which I refuse outright, relaxation, yoga, music, no music (lol) diet, but now I am used to it, I do not worry about it so much as the GP has told me this is making me worse, so in time I think you will get used to it but of course Im hoping you will sleep before then, take care Love Alexis,xxx

Alexis

Hi Pops,
    Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice and make some great friends here. Stay focused and positive it really does help.

Take care
    Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

Hi Pops

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi there pops ... and everyone else

As you can tell I'm new to these forums things.

But I just had to reply, pops.

I am long term sufferer of Insomnia and I HATE IT.

In fact after a really bad night I can and do cry with frustration and, sometimes, panic. Like last night...more hours awake than asleep. I read a book twice, once in bed and once in my study. I also tried deep breathing, mind distraction games (like counting backwards from 1000 - can work on a good night). Last night nothing worked, but one positive thought I did sleep a bit cause I had the most unreal dream imaginable.

Like alexis I have tried everything imaginable. I am weaning myself of occasional diazipan at moment, which I take for my panic attacks. I am also on long term dothepin (10 months last count). When people try to give me advice I tell them I could write a book on suggested cures for isomnia!

What I love about this place is at last I have found somewhere where I can see I'm not the only one suffering.

Has anyone else been awak in the middle of the night thinking they are the only going through this? Looking at my husband asleep next to me is no help whatsoever.

Dusty

Too true Dusty, especially when they are snoring so obviously in a deep sleep.Ive even been jealous of the dog!!! LOL< take care,

love from Alexisxxxx

Hi Pops and welcome aboard.

Sorry for the delay in replying to your PM but I don't use the login of "nicola" very often but I have replied now.

Hope we can be of some help to you on here.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information