Thread: New symptoms

New symptoms

OK so just when I've got the panic attacks under control (more or less), along comes another worrying symptom!

Last wednesday, I felt unwell, and was not able to go to work. I suspected a stomach bug, as my stomach was churning in the night, and I was most unwell in the morning (I'll spare you the details!)

However, since then, although my stomach has settled in the toilet sense, I have been suffering waves of nausea and sometimes dizziness. I haven't actually been sick, and my appetite is sometimes fine, sometimes not...

Was it a bug?
    Is it psycological? (I'm sure this is partly true, as thinking about how I felt makes me feel ill again)
    Is it anxiety?

Another wacky theory I have is that I have been using a "SAD" lamp recently. I did find this was making me feel nauseous (quite common apparently), and limited my sessions to 15-20 minutes. However, the night before all this started, I had a full hour of treatment! Coincidence, or route cause? Tonight I found the car lights driving home from work made me feel bad again, so there could there be link with bright lights?

I do find that if I am distracted, or properly relaxed, the symptoms pass.

Anybody else had these symptoms?

Any advice?

Re: New symptoms

Hi Meltdown,

Sorry you are feeling so yucky

I had something similar last year with nausea, dizziness, but I also had severe headaches that came and went with it. I was diagnosed with labyrinthitis which was something going on with the inner ear.

I am not saying that is what you have, but my symptoms were the same except for the intense migraines which I never get.

Hope you feel better soon and maybe you should get it checked out if you are not feeling better. Take care.

Oh sorry forgot to mention - I do not have experience with a SAD lamp. Is that some type of ultraviolet therapy? Are there any instructions or side effects that came attached? I would think if something is affecting your eyes, it can very well make you dizzy. I find I get dizzy looking into the computer too long as well as the lights in certain stores. When my balance is off it makes me very sick to my stomach. Maybe you should stop using that lamp for a bit. I always use process of elimination when something sets off symptoms with me. Good luck

funny you bring this up ive started feeling the exact way ... unsettled stomach ..... also tight chest , dizziness , sickly feeling and tierd.... hoping this is anxiety

wow, i was going to post the same thing, last monday i went to bed feeling nauseous, i am neverrrrr nauseous....woke up the same way, dizzy, lightheaded, no appetite....extremely tired, stomach pain, it has been coming and going for a week now, I wonder if it is a bug?

I know here it has been rather .. well chilly some days we wake and are so cold can't hardly stand it. In the house in some areas are sky lights.. That helps a little but its funny the times I feel the best is times I get out in the sunlight yet I don't spend a whole lot of time out there the sun makes me feel better.. Hope this helps. Michael

im having that rite nw cumin evry nw and again srong waves of neusea and feels like my stomach ic tightnin in knots horrible

Thread Information