Thread: Weird one! sharp stabbing pain in nose

Weird one! sharp stabbing pain in nose

I keep getting a pain like an electric shock up one nostril! inside my nose feels sore and my gum is tender and tingling under that side of nose. I don't have a cold or any nasty stuff coming out of nose.

I have had similar attacks before had one just over a year ago on other side only the pain was where nose joins face again with tender tingling gum -and tender inside nostril - Dr was puzzled - gave me antibiotics in case of sinus infection but before I could take them it changed sides!!! then went away completely.

I do have temperature sensitive nasal linings and if I get cold air up nose then I can get these electric shock pains for a few days aferwards and cannot have nasal oxygen because of this but its so weird. haven't had cold air up my nose only thing is a new car and took ages to work out how to switch off the fan so travelled for a couple of hours with air blowing around car but it was warm air?????????

I get so fed up of wierd pains and symptoms that make Drs look at me funny.

Re: Weird one! sharp stabbing pain in nose

Not weird at all! I have the same issues, but no answers! Same thing over here, sinus infection, doubt it. it cmes and goes. right now, it goes, LOL
    needs some answers!

i get noise pain too .. it was only last night that i had it my nose was really hurting on one side i dont know why or what it is x

Have you guys figured out what's been causing this? I thought I was the only one:( Help:(

My son has this and I am sure it is just sinuses being irritated by heating and dryness in the atmosphere now that winter is upon us.

Not to scare anyone, but my symptoms sure are similar to what's described in Wikipedia for "Trigeminal Neuralgia". Just less intense and shorter.

Thread Information