Thread: night sweats.please HELP!

night sweats.please HELP!

hi there,

i wonder if anyone can help. For the last week i have woken up in the middle of the night soaked in sweat. being a health anxiety worrier it set the alarm bells off and im worried what the cause might be. I ve had anxiety for several yrs and im on week 7 now of citalopram and have started feeling much better. Im sure its not side effects of my meds as ive been on them 7 weeks and this hasnt happened before. I dont feel unwell either, its just freaking me out as my body is clearly trying to tell me something.Help!

Re: night sweats.please HELP!

Hi Lee
    I had night sweats for a couple of months.
    It was clearly anxiety with me. Since changing meds this has gone.
    Perhaps there have been some other stresses in your life recently.
    They are scarey though.........
    I hpoe things improve.

I am in the night sweat club too, wake up drenched, put it down to hormones when they started (after panicking that is). but I am now 59 and still get them. Have been through a lot of stress lately, had to come home early from holiday due to panic. Then hubby had to have an operation, then he got shingles and passed out on me two mornings on the trot. We have had two bereavements too... all this since September this year.

In desparation I went to the GP as one day I just thought to myself. "I want to go to sleep and never wake up". that really freaked me, so thought it was time I got help. My lovely GP gave me literature for this website..... joined on Wednesday

I think I am in the right place for the help I need... I KNOW I AM IN THE RIGHT PLACE FOR THE HELP I NEED.

hi there

classic anxiety the night sweats are all part of it . it could also be the citalopram and will settle down in time

sam x

Mine are also hormonal (menopause - age 59) but have suffered since I was 35 from night sweats. They are so much worse with anxiety and it seems some medications can cause these too -esp those that may disrupt hormonal levels

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

I to have had night sweats but due to my age(55) it is menopause Iam now on Premarin and feeling much better also helps with anxiety

I've had night sweats a couple of times. Not particularly pleasent to get in the middle of the night but seems to be another anxiety symptom.

Thread Information