Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big HELLO and warm wishes to everyone

Big HELLO and warm wishes to everyone

Hi,

I am astounded as to how many people are on this site and I just want to thank the curators of the site for providing us all with an extremely informative and interactive forum.

I am of the belief that my panic attacks started some years ago and have had them intermittently and varying intensities over the last 10 years or so. Hearing about all the various triggers that can be associated with this problem has led me to reason that mine maybe attributed to a moderate level of recreational drug use over the years. More notable by the fact that having abstained from anything in the last 7/8 yrs a couple of relapses recently seem to have brought on the same symptoms.

I wanted to know of anyone else who feels that there panic attacks may be of a similar cause and more generally if people suffer from headaches that can last for weeks/months???

Gratefully yours

Elton

Hi Elton and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support and make some great friends too!

I have lots of headaches, this headache has lasted for 6 days and painkillers don't seem to make it any better.

I hope that you start to feel better soon!

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Hi Elton

A warm welcome to you

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
    Will I ever be free?
    Wake me up from this nightmare.
    Please just give me the key!

Hi to you all,

A few adminstrative problems (sorry for reposting your reply chucklehound which I have now duly deleted).

I wondered if you were aware of any natural remedies for headaches and whether you've used any?

Many thanks

Elton

Hey Elton, welcome to the site! I only joined yesterday but I have found it so useful already and its so reassuring to know there are other people out there with the same problems as me as my friends and family find it hard to understand.

My panic attacks and agorophobia are a result of health anxiety but I can relate to the problem you are having with headaches. I had severe headaches on and off for a couple of years when i first started suffering with anxiety and panic attacks. At the time they really worried me but I now know it was just down to stress. Please try not to worry about them, I had headaches that lasted for days or weeks on end.

Hope you're ok, if you ever need to talk feel free to pm me.

Love Becca xxx

Thanx Becca,

As everyone feels I'm sure its just so frustrating and debilitating at times when its at its worst.

Sorry to hear of your problem I'm sure I've developed a health anxiety certainly in the last month thinking I have tumour, blood clot etc etc. Getting all the necessary checks done to alleviate any fears.

Stay well and be positive

Elton

hi there just wanted 2 say hello!i 2 suffer 4rm panic attacks so i know what ur goin through this site has been a great help 2 me and i hope u find it useful 2.if u ever need a chat feel free 2 pm me.tc and keep smilin luv mooxXx

When I first started getting the panic attacks I didn't know what was going on as I was only 16, and combined with the headaches and complete lack of support from my GP i convinced myself I had a tumour. After having loads of tests which all came back clear I finally believed I was ok.

Good luck with the tests, they'll all come back fine and I hope when they do this will put your mind at rest.

Becca xxx

Hi Elton,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of great advice here and make some good friends.

I used to suffer really bad with health anxiety, I recently did a CBT course which helped me a lot, it really is just a case of putting everything into perspective, instead of looking at the worst case senario all the time.

Also I find remaining positive and focused helps me a lot too.

Take care
    Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

hi Elton

Yes is the answer to your question! I strongly believe there i a connection although possibly the propensity/tendency is there anyway?

But then so many things contribute - all the chemicals we accidentaly imbibe one way or another can't help, the hormones in food etc etc...

I too have suffered (am suffering today) from persistent headaches. I'm currently sitting with a packet of antibiotics too afraid to take them cos I have horribly reactions sometimes but the doc thinks I have sinusitis. I'm not sure - I think everything i anxiety sometimes!!!

Hope you feel better soon - this board (which I joined yesterday!) is amazing - I feel almost normal

ps in the real world I AM normal[:O]

fee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information