Thread: Magnesium

Magnesium

Has anyone tried Magnesium supplements/gel?
    I've read some good articles, but not sure whether to be sceptical or not. Most of my issues are muscle pains and tiredness, triggering IBS and anxiety, so keep going round in circles.
    On 10mg citrolapram, so need to be careful to know whether it is OK to take any other supplements, like magnesium, b vits, ashwagandha, Rhodiola Rosea?

Re: Magnesium

Will move the post to natural remedies forum for you.

There are a lot of posts about this so you could use the search facility and you will find them too.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I started taking magnesium supplements to curb my chocolate cravings...hasn't kicked in yet!

I would have to disagree it stopping chocolate cravings. I have been taking 400mg a day since December and still need chocolate fixes.

Saying that though, I have severely cut back on caffeine so it maybe that.

I have read magnesium needs 3 months or so to even get its benefits (and even up to 6 months to those with low mag levels).

Hi, I also read that only 20% is absorbed by taking it orally. I started using magnesium oil. Not using it long enough to say for sure if its benefiting me or not but certainly no worse.
    Rachael

Magnesium is the fourth most abundant mineral in the body and is essential to good health. Approximately 50% of total body magnesium is found in bone. The other half is found predominantly inside cells of body tissues and organs. Only 1% of magnesium is found in blood, but the body works very hard to keep blood levels of magnesium constant.
    Green vegetables such as spinach are good sources of magnesium because the center of the chlorophyll molecule (which gives green vegetables their color) contains magnesium. Some legumes (beans and peas), nuts and seeds, and whole, unrefined grains are also good sources of magnesium

Apparently it's really good for balancing the body's stress response I was told that by someone very knowledgeable in holistic/orthomolecular medicine!

Ashwagandha is good too preferably in the form of Sensoril apparently

Thread Information