Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EFT. Anxiety cure? try it.

EFT. Anxiety cure? try it.

I am 36 and have suffered from Panic attacks since I was 21. When I first went to my GP with the problem, he said it was because I had a stressful job. I was given a two-page handout describing the fight or flight mechanism and left. For the next couple of years I suffered more and more panic attacks and started to either avoid a lot of situations or self medicate with alcohol.

Eventually things got so bad that I quit my job and set about trying alternative medicine. After one year off, a lack of funds and no real improvement in my condition got me working again. Over that ten years period I tried:

Hypnotherapy
    Psychotherapy
    Clinical Psychology
    Transcendental meditation
    Chinese Herbal

Therapy did uncover for me that it was probably a drunken car accident a few months before my 1st panic attack that set the ball rolling panic wise. But that there were many aspects before that could have caused problems.

Not one of these therapies worked. Eventually I got the Internet here and did my own research. Went to my Doctor and asked to be put on Propranalol (beta blocker) and then found Kava Kava the anti anxiety herb. Finally I felt I had some control, I gained confidence in situations that even though I might feel very anxious and uncomfortable it wasn’t going to always become a full-blown panic attack.

However Kava was then banned and I substituted this for Valerian which numbed my senses a bit and made me sleepy. I still avoided things like motorways and trains and cinemas.

Then two weeks ago I discovered EFT. It has changed my life. I now take only one Propranol instead of 3 a day. No valerian. No Kava and no alcohol. To test it on Monday I got the train to London, with no meds, walked around for 2 hours and came home. This would have been unthinkable for me 3 weeks ago.

The website is www.emofree.com
    The system has been developed from Dr. Roger Calahan’s TFT. But is more user friendly and doesn’t cost $1500.00 to learn. The site has loads of info and a free manual to download. Pages 20/28 are worth printing as they have the bare bones of the system. Though I would suggest reading it all. As although it is a simpl but powerful tool the basics must be done correctly.

Belated apologies to nicola. She has this topic covered in her therapies section. However. I am a 1st hand witness that it can work.

welcome paul,

i can see your going to be a great help to our site....its really great to have positive vibes.

as you have found out,EFT has been covered on here...but we were asking for anyone with personal experience of it,to come forward...and here you are!

please go into detail,as to exactly wot you have done, for you to travel to london,and walked around,says a lot for EFT..tell us your story...well done matey...best wishes bryan.

Hi Benoo5,

Thanks for the welcome.

As i said in conversation with Nicola yesterday. if I wasnt sure it could be of benefit to many of your members I wouldnt mention it. As we have all had false dawns and false hopes. especially me with most 'alternative therapy'.

The reason I gave this a go was mostly because He gives away the manual for free. I figured that it must be genuine and work in a lot of cases or noone would go further and buy the course. Though I must add, I had such good results that I did indeed buy the course and 60 Dollars for 12 or so cd/dvd to study on ones computer, is very good value.

The premise is that all negative emotions are caused by an energy ' glitch' in the system. tap away the glitch by tapping the designated points on the body, whilst thinking of the negative emotion and it will neutralise that negative energy.

it does sound a bit out there but. Try this. Stand with your arm outstretched sideways and your other hand placed on the top of your head. Then get someone to push down on it and fight against it with ur arm. feel the strength. Then do the same procedure. with the hand on ur head flipped over so the back of your hand is touching the top of your head. get the person to push down on the arm. feel how weak it is.this shows the positive and negative energy in the body. this procedure will also work if you say ' My name is (your name). u are strong in that arm. Say you are called someting else and it goes weak. Try it its fun.

Cont.

So I read the manual. And did the procedure. This consists of rubbing a sore spot high up on your chest to make sure you are not negatively alligned ( weak arm)whilst saying a statement about the emotion/ event to tune your subconcious into the problem.

then a round of tapping whilst reapeating a shorter reminder phrase about the issue. then a thing called the gamut procudure which seems a little weird but furthuer tunes both sides of the brain in to waht you are doing. then tap a round again.

So far, i have tapped for unkown anxiety as it comes and reduced it from intensity of say 5/10 to 0/10 I have tapped on specific memories where the emotion has become supressed but probably caused problems. I have tapped on memories that had an intensity of 8 to 9/10. like grief, sadness etc. And the procedure has always worked for me.

In the case of panic attacks and agrophobia there is rarely just one event to tap on, as there often is with a specific phobia. also some events will have many aspects to it.

for example. u can tap away a fear of spiders. but if u then saw a spider MOVING, the anxiety might coem back, so u tapp on a fear of moving spiders.etc..

you kind of learn as you go along.

Most of my emotions from memories are supressed, ie, I dont get an intensity when thinking of them. With eft this is ok. as by hitting all the energy points we are stomping all over the negative emotion. Another quirky and interesting thing about it is. as you collapse one negative memory often whilst yout tapping, yout thoughts will go to the next one, like the next highest tree in a forest. this is a good sign that u have dealt with that issue.

Please download the manual and give it a try. theres a link on this site.

Hiya Paul,

Welcome aboard!!!! and thanks for all of the positive feedback from the EFT method. I actually have heard of it, but have not tried it. However since you have had such a positive experience, I am sure to go the the site you provided and download the manual. I am glad that you have found a system that is working for you. Well done on the traveling and walking around for 2 hours. As a sufferer myself I know what an accomplishment that is for us. Keep up the good work, and keep posting on your progress. We love hearing success stories.

Take care,

Diana xxxxx

Just to let you all know that the EFT page isn't on my site yet - it is coming soon in a new Therapies web page - so watch this space!

Nicola

Im sorry Nicola. I thought I saw it on here yesterday, when u sent me that link

thanks for the info paul,ive been interested in EFT for many years..i know theres something to it,because the basics are thousands of years old..with ying,and yang etc..i shall certainly spend some time,looking at your link...best wishes...bryan.

Thanks for taking the time out to tell us about this Paul, I don't really know much about this but I'm going to take a look at the site and see what it's all about.

If anyone else has had any experiences with this type of therapy, positive or negative, I would be interested in hearing about it.

mico

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information