Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small pea sized lump in my jaw

Small pea sized lump in my jaw

On the right side of my jaw on my face just under the skin I can feel a small pea sized mass which I can move around a bit under the skin. Its not under my jaw where glands would be its actually on face so just above the jaw line. There is no swelling or bump through the skin

I think I can remember feeling this years ago, but not entirely sure. Any ideas what might be/anyone ever had anything like this?
    Last edited by louise123_uk; 30-03-10 at 14:22.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Small pea sized lump in my jaw

I shouldn't think it's anything serious if you can move the lump around. Usually more serious lumps/masses form part of a growth which is attached to other tissue. But I'm not a doctor, so getting it checked out just to put your mind at rest would be the best thing to do.

Going by what you've said though, I don't think it's anything more serious.

Never Surrender, Comrade

I noticed one on my jaw line, just in front of where my ear is. Doctor said it felt like a normal healthy gland!

Quote Originally Posted by louise123_uk View Post
    On the right side of my jaw on my face just under the skin I can feel a small pea sized mass which I can move around a bit under the skin. Its not under my jaw where glands would be its actually on face so just above the jaw line. There is no swelling or bump through the skin

I think I can remember feeling this years ago, but not entirely sure. Any ideas what might be/anyone ever had anything like this?
    Melancholia is right, if its floating it wont be anything to worry about. Atleast thats what my doc said to my son anyway.
    Yours sounds very like what he has, ive mentioned it on here before when others have posted about the same thing.
    He started with a pea (or rather a petit pois size his is) lump just in front of his ear, where the jaw first opens? If that makes sense. He would fiddle with it all the time, to be honest he didn't tell me about it until I asked what he was fiddling with, you couldn't see it sticking out or anything. But I could feel it with my finger tip. He said it had been there about a year, so I wasn't concerned. Then not long after that another popped up just above his Adams apple, then another just under his chin where the bone ends & the throat tissue starts? Now I started worrying.
    The doctor said its nothing to worry about, just leave it, I worried a few weeks later so took him back, the doc took some bloods, those came back clear, & he just lives with them now. The oldest one has been there for about 3 years now. But they aren't visable.
    I just wish he wouldn't fiddle with them! lol
    But I guess its like trying not to pick a scab.
    xx

I have a moveable lump on the bottom of my left jaw. From what I have read, other people have this too and it's nothing to be concerned about. If it's moveable, I think it's safe.

I was taken to the doctors with mine....(jaw, right side) when I was about five. Now 39, and was told then that it was a fatty lump?? Its still there, and able to move it around.

i'm so glad to hear that this isn't harmful because cancer runs in my family and i was very worried. i noticed mine a bit over a year ago in my jaw in front of my right ear

I have one too. Was told its a gland. Sometimes when I get sick it swells up.

I have one of these over my eyebrow that I move about and poke when I'm anxious. It's been there as long as I can remember. My mum says she recalls taking me to the docs about it when I was 6 or 7. I'm now 48. Nothing to worry about x

i just developed one of these lumps on the right side under jaw. i am male-39 yrs old. its good to hear that its nothing to worry about. thank you for the replies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information