I'm back after 18 months of not using the site... my friends and a therapist advised me against using it again, but i'm at my wits end.
Been experiencing strange symptoms for 2 years now, most recently:
- burning sensation in arms and hands (mostly left)
- pains in arms (feel like pinching under skin)
- numbness in arms, mostly left. Also sometimes in legs and other parts. Arms sometimes feel 'dead' and sometimes one hand will go blotchy red.
- ringing in ears.
- Chest pains
- can feel my pulse in my arms mostly left. (without touching my arms, like the the pulse is pounding in my arm).
- strange espisodes where I get an odd feeling in my chest, then like a rush of something that makes me feel dizzy.
I've had endless heart tests, all results normal. I've had heart CT and MRI. Most recently I've had a brain MRI, neck MRI and MRI of ateries that lead to the brain. All results NORMAL, so they have excluded any heart probs or neuro diseases such as MS.
Docs now testing for calcium or potassium inbalance. Get blood results in couple of days. Some docs telling me they think it's stress... another doctor thinks it' physical, but needs to investigate more (thinks it might be a metabolism problem like potassium, calcium inbalance...)
Well, I'm going out of my mind... keep telling myself it's something serious and lifethreatening. The Dr tells me what I have is benign, so why do I feel so awful...
Sometimes, I get days wheere I hardly get any symptoms.. then other times, like this evening, i get lots... dead arm, burning in arms, mostly left, blotchy red hands. then some palpitations, dizziness. ringing in ears.
It's doing my head in... being told for 2 years that there's nothing physically wrong with me. I try to think that, but the phyiscal symptoms SCREAM at me 'there is something wrong with your body!'.
I'm going to see a psychologist this week... I need to vent about this, my mind is now like a pressure cooker with worry.
Sorry for the long post.
Has anyone else had these symptoms, especially, numb / tingling / burning in arms.
Thanks for reading. Would be interested to see if anyone has had the same and had a sure diagnosis?