Home | Contact | Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms and conditions
User Name
Password
Citalopram / Celexa This forum has posts about Citalopram

Old 11-08-10, 08:38

Does Citalopram initially make you worse?

I just phoned the doctors to say Im a nervous wreck and I cant leave the house so can I have another certificate for work please?

I was speaking to a nurse, who said if the Citalopram made me feel like that it means its probably going to work,(ive been taking it for 5 days) so its a good thing. You get worse before you get better. And she would get a doctor to leave a certificate at reception.

Is that true though?

She also said I cant have anymore valium :( lol...worth a try hahaha
Old 11-08-10, 09:32

Re: Does Citalopram initially make you worse?

Hi

Yes the tablets will make you feel pretty rubbish for first week or two so be patient with it.

Try to relax and don't read too much about the side affects lol.

Keta
Old 11-08-10, 10:34

Think is a case of making you worse but will get better. I've said in other posts I find I'm impatient and frustrated but a month from now I know I'll be glad I stuck it out.
Old 11-08-10, 12:11
Intermediate Member

my h/a and panic is so so high...but i am confident that the cits will kick in soon....i have been on them a month but i know it takes a while to get into our systems.
best of luck and keep us posted on how you are getting on xxxxx
Old 13-06-11, 21:17

I've took my first citalopram this morning I've had panics most of the day and burning body rush threw my chest and arms? Does anyone know what this is as I'm scared of takin my 2nd one tomorrow x
Old 13-06-11, 22:20

I was on 10mg for a week and found it so hard. The anxiety was unbearable, especially still trying to work and look after my children.

I then had to increase to 20mg but I felt so very very ill and just could not function, so I have stuck at 10mg for a further week. The side effects do seem to have reduced so I am thinking that it may be the right time now to increase to 20mg - what do you all think?

I am taking it for anxiety and not depression (if that makes a difference)
Old 13-06-11, 23:00

Hi Bonkers
I took Citalopram for anxiety/panic, started on 20mg and after 3 months went up to 40mg. The first couple of weeks were hell, felt so much worse, but after about 6 weeks was definitely feeling better. After 3 months was still feeling anxious/panic so Dr increased to 40mg. Now nearly 2 years later I am back down to 10mg every other day and am feeling so much better and eventually hope to come off of them. I never ever thought I would be able to come off of them but here I am doing just that.
I wish you all the very best, and all I can say is that they really helped me. I used to have the occasional blip but manage to get through them, still do but am able to cope with them.
I wish you all the very best
Jannie x x
Old 13-06-11, 23:09

im the opposite. i've been on citalopram 10 mg for 2 mnth. they were fab. had no side effects and anxiety disappeared. felt like new women. problem is symptoms have returned with a vengance this week out of blue. had a stressful week at work and think this has triggered attacks but now feel like bck to square one. does anyone know if i should continue with dosage since its helped at first or should i ask for dose to b increased. i'm hoping this week is just one off. any advice would b appreciated x
Old 13-06-11, 23:57

Hi. Yes, Citalopram does make you feel worse before it makes you feel better unfortunately, especially when being used to treat anxiety and panic. I am on Day 8 of my Citalopram journey and the side effects I have had are tingling legs and hands, head zaps, nausea and loss of appetite, total lack of energy, sleep disturbances, muscle aches and worst of all a huge increase in my anxiety for which I have been given Diazepam while my body adjusts. I would just like to say that although the side effects are unpleasant they ARE bearable and it has got to be worth a try if it gets rid of the anxiety beast in the long run. I am feeling so excited that this drug might make me better and I don't know what I'm going to do if it doesn't? Please give it a try as it might change your life for the better, and if it really doesn't agree with you, you can always try something else!

Tags
citalopram, initially, make, worse