Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weight loss, with Anxitey

weight loss, with Anxitey

Hi i would love to know if anyone else has sufferd this, ive lost 1 and a half Stone in just under 1 year i suffer health Anxitey, i eat all the time and im only 9 and a half stone now im male 5ft 8 ins tall, everyone i talk to say i dont look well my face has gone inwards, like its all drawn in, ive been to the doctor's and he siad its the Anxitey, ive hade Chest Xray that was clear, now ive had a chest infection for 4 weeks, ive been told today its a viral infection so the antibotics ive been on havnt killed it, so please is this the right advice ive been given, or could it be anything else apart from Anxitey thank you

Re: weight loss, with Anxitey

hi ian i am no doctor but xrays are very conclusive and doctors would spot anything wrong immediatly........the weight loss sounds like anxiety and constant woorry will do this...dont forget cancers have several symptoms and doctors see the overall picture hope this helps

Hello. I have lost over a stone in 2 months with anxiety, it burns up energy in your body, even if you're eating the same amount. I have had blood tests, XRays etc, all clear.
    Please be assured that anxiety can make you lose weight. I hope you get well soon from the virus.

Anxiety uses up so much energy that why we tend to loose weight. We are never relaxed and neither are our minds so its not surprising that the weight can fall off.

I would not worry too much Ian. I'm about your height and weigh around 10 stones. I was roughly 11 until I suffered HA. I always say that the best diet to be on is the HA diet!! The pounds just drop off!!

I think the worse part is as you say, people look at you and say (or think) you look ill.
    With me it always goes from my face, so I always look gaunt. It's all part and parcle of Anx mate.

For me, people keep saying that I have got my jawline back, I had been overweight and needed to lose a stone, but not by the anxiety diet. No way. My pulse only came down under 100 bpm after my doc gave me meds.

Me too...I've lost a stone in a month - and it's still falling off (now under 8 stone)... I used to be fit and healthy and I liked my slender figure - now I am a bag of bones, it has aged me - please try not to worry, I posted something similar recently and was scared it was more than anxiety but after all the lovely replies I have realised that is just a part of these dreadful mind illness we have.

Now having said this I am just about to post another worry of mine that has been playing on my mind this week... even I have to laugh at myself!

Take care and enjoy some of your favourite food tonight x

It is so good to know it's not just me. I am normally a right greedy git -used to eat a 3 course meal no probs! My clothes don't fit now and I can't see the point of buying new ones until my weight settles. All I seem to want to eat is porridge and mushy peas (not together!!) - I guess that's my comfort.
    Going to have a rice pudding now, been eating small meals often which is a tip I was given.

Awww thanks so much everyone, i really do worry and to be fair theres me thinking god what if i have this or that, what if i dont have long to live, well ive got to say now as you have all said that you have all lost weight its made me feel alot better in a way not wishing this on anyone as its the worst thing anyone could ever have Anxitey, wow what a word, and what it can do to us, well thank you so so much for all your input to my story God Bless you all i will let you know if i do put the pounds back on thank you all once again Ian

No worries, you are not alone. Anxiety is awful and remember it can trick your mind into all sorts of thoughts. Try to eat smaller meals more often and keep up the protein and vitamins, or try Complan or chicken soup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information