Home | Contact | Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms and conditions
User Name
Password
Health Anxiety Are you plagued by fears about your body or health? Are you suffering from Health Anxiety? Please check other sub-forums first to see if your problem should be posted there instead. E.G. the IBS forum or the medication forum or the symptoms forum.

Old 01-11-10, 22:10

Question Help! Constant tickle in my throat

Hey guys, well I've had this for ages, but for the past few days its gotten worse and it wont go away! I've had a weird tickle in my throat for weeks and I feel it most when I'm breathing, its really uncomfortable. I also have the same feeling in my chest as well as my chest feeling like its vibrating or creaking when I breathe. My mum and dad think the feeling in my throat is due to drinking too much orange juice as they said it seemed to start when I started drinking it a lot, but its all really weird and I'm starting to get really worried over it, please does anyone have any ideas!?
Old 01-11-10, 22:13
Removed User

Re: Help! Constant tickle in my throat

Hi Krystal,

I would think the orange juice would cause that tickle. I don't remember if you mentioned it to me before. It is acidic, which too much of will irritate the mouth and throat. In a sense dry it out.
How much are you drinking a day?
Old 01-11-10, 22:24

A lot day, I drink about 2 to 4 glasses a day, mum told me to lay off of it for a few days to see how I go, its very uncomforatble though as it feels so weird when I breathe, but if it doesnt go away I'm going back to the doctor and I dont care what mum says. I should try those antibiotics the doctor gave me too I guess, but they look gross.
Old 01-11-10, 22:29
Removed User

As day by day says, juice is not a good idea, it always irritates the throat, and sometimes chest too. Swap for water for a few days and see how you get on. Try the anti-biotics, I have to put mine in spoonfuls of food, I cant swallow tablets! (baby...Im 39!)
Hope you feel better soon x
Old 01-11-10, 22:36

Dont worry I cant swallow tablets either, but I'm a wimp with all meds, so your not a wimp dont worry. I'll try the antibiotics though
Old 01-11-10, 22:37
Removed User

ok, good luck with them, get well soon. (its half ten at night here, freezing, dark and raining, whats it like with you?) x
Old 01-11-10, 22:39

9:30am, pouring down rain yesterday, about to start again and cold, yet its nearly summer here, go figure
Old 01-11-10, 22:42
Removed User

hahaha..I dont feel so bad now! Hey, nice to meet you. x
Let us know how things go x
Old 01-11-10, 23:04

He gave me the anti biotics for my on and off sore throat, he couldnt see any problems with it so he gave me them to try
Old 01-11-10, 23:17
Removed User

I suppose he knows best, I just find it odd to give an antibiotic when a bacterial infection has not been found. Antibiotics will kill off all bacteria good and bad. Did he do a throat swab?
Why not try the no orange juice or other acidic foods and drinks and see if that makes the difference. And you need to give your throat enough days to calm down.

Tags
constant, throat, tickle