Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Left leg pain. Can anxiety cause this? Very worried.

Left leg pain. Can anxiety cause this? Very worried.

Left leg pain still :( extremely worried. Any help would be so appreciated.
    My left leg is still hurting, it's been about 3 weeks now. I'm so scared it's something bad, like a blood clot. The pain is all up the back of my leg, especially behind my knee. And coming down the inside of my thigh. It's not excruciating pain, more like a tight uncomfortable strange pain. It can ache at night or when I'm sitting badly, and hurt when I'm walking sometimes too. No swelling or redness. Sometimes it feels hot but not to touch, if that makes sense. I get pelvic pain and back pain too. I also get a pins and needles feeling too.

I got a blood test for clots, and examined at the hospital and the doctor said its definitely not DVT. Blood test came back fine. Is that accurate?

I can't stop worrying. Even when I feel relaxed I still get the pain. It comes on and off though, it's not 100% there all the time.

Please can someone help. It's becoming an obsession and fear and I don't know what to do. Has anyone else had this? I'm so terrified the doctors have missed something. :(

Re: Left leg pain. Can anxiety cause this? Very worried.

i used to have this type of pain for weeks!! i think the constant worry and focus on it made it linger for longer becuz ure tensing ure muscle without knowing it. do u wear comfortable footwear? if not and u wear high shoes and stand most of the day this can also be the cause. i really wouldnt worry about it unless ure leg suddenly swells and hot to the touch

Yeah that's what I try and tell myself. It's really difficult because the more I get scared the more it stays around. So did you have the exact same pain yeah? Like up your inner thigh and things? How long did yours stay for? Or how did you get rid of it? Thanks so much for your reply, I'm so worried about it :(

yes the exact same pain, i convinced myself it was radiating pain from cancer in my cervix (was terrified i had it at the time) i think i had mine for around 3 solid months!! then one it just went away, think because i was thinking less of it. how i got rid of it wen it was flaring up was just took a regular pain killer but only before i went to bed because it wud disturb me trying to sleep. i know its really hard to think positive, im guilty of that myself all the time. its terrible but im sure its nothing.

Bad posture can cause this .That combined with tense muscles .It can cause problems in the lower back that lead to deferred pain in the leg s and the nerves ,cause the tingling sensation .Try to be aware of how you stand, walk ,sit ,and sleep Do some relaxation techniques to get your body relaxed ,on a regular basis ..As the previous poster says wearing high heels can cause probs .Try heat on your back and maybe do some excercise to strengthen your back muscles like Pilate s ..t/C sue x

I'm glad yours went away and your ok now was it just in one leg? Right now I'm in bed and getting pins and needles on and off. It feels like my whole leg is about to go into cramp or something. Did that happen to you?

it was mainly in the one leg which was my right leg bit it varied alot but was mainly the right. at the start of anxiety a couple of months ago i got the pins and needles in my feet every nite in bed i was so worried and kept moving them to shift it but wud return again wen rested. so went to the doc told him and he said pins and needles in feet very common with anxiety! i was so suprised, its mad how much anxiety can effect our body in so many ways. also used to get little scratchy sensation in my arms and hands and back, again all anxiety related. try relax read a book have some tea might help. but i know excess worry and worsen our symptoms!

I have quite bad posture, I don't wear high heels, but my dad said my feet turn inwards when I walk. Maybe this is something to do with it. But I only really got leg pain in the last month along with my anxiety being there. I hope it's not a trapped nerve or something :(. How would I find this out? The doctor said I should ignore the pain. But it's not that easy. I just worry. My whole leg feels tingly :(

was just reading over ure previous posts, and i see ure mum has died of dvt, im so terribly sorry thats so sad :( just thinking maybe this is where all ure leg pain as stemmed from, because ure so worried about getting what ure mum had? if u are at all anxious over it which is understandable there wud be no doubt that u wud experience pain there as ure focused on it. u poor thing i really feel for you. take ure doctors advice and ignore it. i promise u it will pass

Yeah that's exactly what caused my worry :( it's so so awful. Can't even describe it... So you think my mind is creating the pain and if I ignore it it'll go away? Xx

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information