Home | Contact | Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms and conditions
User Name
Password

Old 30-01-11, 12:03

Giving up bread?

Hi

I've had IBS for 12 years now and really want it to go!

There are many articals about wheat-free diets to ease many aillments including IBS.

I've tried many many times to give up bread and wheat but as i'm such a fussy eater and bread is such a big part of my diet i've failed each time.

But this time I thought I have really got to try and am going to start with bread (swopping for rice cakes-yuk!) but I must be strong and persevere for more than the usual 24 hours

Anyone had any success with a bread or wheat-free diet?
Old 30-01-11, 12:19

Re: Giving up bread?

Hi Rubynoodles!
Yes, we've had success with being on a wheat free diet. Its difficult to start with, but once you get used to the change it becomes quite easy. There are more products on the market too, 'Genius' make a good fake bread. The wheat free pasta is better if you ask me anyway. Do you cook? A lot of old fashionned recipes work by simply substiuting normal flour for a wheat-free blend, which you can buy at most supermarkets.
Old 30-01-11, 17:41

Thanks for that Katie

I've seen the genius bread advertised, i'm going food shopping tommorow so may give that a go.
Old 05-02-11, 13:53

I buy the Genius bread, Ive tried others, the Dietry Specials one being the worst one!

Theyre all very chewy/hard going/spongey.. not in a cake sponge way, more like car-wash sponge! But if you make a sandwich with a nice topping, like hummous or mayo, then its not too bad
Old 05-02-11, 16:27
Intermediate Member

ive been wheat free for three years now,,and it was the best thing i ever did,,from rushing to the loo upto eight times after meals and sometimes not making the loo,,im now fine,,its a bit of a wotsit when eating out or at friends,,but i now love rice cakes,,and buy loads of asda and tesco wheatfree products ,,try their rocky road biscuits they are moorish,,trouble is i can eat the whole pack,,not good lol,,but remember if your cutting out a food group to replace it ,,good luck

Tags
bread, giving