Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small lump on roof of mouth?

Small lump on roof of mouth?

Hey there, I've had this small lump on the roof of my mouth for about 18 or so months now and it has never bothered me. But in my anxious state I have now become obsessed with it, constantly prodding it to see if its gotten bigger, and I keep running my tongue over it again and again.

I'm terrified its mouth cancer or something stupid like that, reassure me!

Re: Small lump on roof of mouth?

Hi. Where exactly on the roof of your mouth? It's normal to have 2 little lumps there, either aide of central. They can get more noticable as you get older apparently. One of mine is larger than the other. I think that's fairly normal too! maybe your noticing one of those? X

Hi there,

I too have a lump on the roof of my mouth and panicked over it. Saw my Dr and he said nothing to worry about just a cyst. When I first noticed it I used to do the same and kept running my tongue over it once I was reassured it was nothing to worry about i hardly notice it.

Thanks guys.

Erm its towards the back of the ridge on the roof of my mouth, slightly on the right.

The one I can feel most is similarly positioned, but on the left! I can also fell a slight 'doming' on the other side where I guess the other one (whatever it's called!) lurks. Maybe you're noticing the same thing?

Hi again, the thing I'm trying to describe is called the 'torus' (I think!) x

I had one and it was a wart and I had it removed. The dentist (not the doctor) referred me to get it looked at.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I had one and it was a wart and I had it removed. The dentist (not the doctor) referred me to get it looked at.
    Didn't know you could get them inside your mouth.

Next time I visit the dentist I will mention it to him, see what he thinks.

Red face Re: Small lump on roof of mouth?

not alot of action on this subject... been 2 yrs since this last one, but I have found a small cyst-like lump upper left side abt 1/2 inch in from the last two molars,, maybe the size of a boil, but hard. Noticed it abt a week ago. Ever since I was a kid, I've had trouble with the second molar.. maybe once or twice a year, i would get an infection and a soft bulge would appear that I could push on and some puss would drain out of it. It would go away after a few weeks. I'm now 69 yrs old and haven't had that for a few yrs now, but then the lump just now appeared so wondering if it's most likely related ?

Could well be related, maybe from the infection.
    I have 2 bumps hardish ones, on my hard pallet in one either side of the middle. They both came up when I had the flu hurt at the time. They went down a bit but I can still feel them years later. Guess they will never go away whatever they are??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information