Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think its a good idea to take Diazepam during the day while at work for anxiet

Do you think its a good idea to take Diazepam during the day while at work for anxiet

Im having an anxiety spell, it began when I was sent to work in a different office a few weeks ago. Im back now but still really anxious all the time for some reason. Ive been to the doc and Im on antidepressants but they havent kicked in yet as they take a few weeks. I also got some diazepam to take the edge of things in emergencies (I asked the doc for them). The ones I have are only 2mg.

Ive been asked to go back to the office where I was feeling anxious for a few days next week. Do you think I should take diazepam during the day to get me through it while Im there? Ive never taken them at work before, only ever in the evenings and at night. I'm worried they'll send me to sleep and make me feel like a zombie.

Re: Do you think its a good idea to take Diazepam during the day while at work for an

Hi Spikey Monkey

I think it depends on how drowsy they are likely to make you feel. I would try to get by without them if you can, but have them with you in case you feel you have to take them. When you take them on an evening, do you think you would be okay if you felt like that at work? You probably would be a bit more alert at work anyway, being earlier in the day and not being as exhausted as you no doubt would be later on. It should all be a lot easier for you once the antidepressants have kicked in.

Tyke

Re: Do you think its a good idea to take Diazepam during the day while at work for an

Thank for your reply Tyke. I guess Ive only ever taken them before bed before so not sure. Ive decided to test it out so I took half a one about an hour ago and Ill try the same either tomorrow or Sunday then maybe test it out on Monday at my normal office.

Not sure how its making me feel so far, maybe a bit more relaxed but a bit odd at the same time...probably as Im focusing on it so much.

Hey Spikey . . . I'm exactly the same, in that I only ever use for emergencies and I used to then wait and analyse what effect they were having on me!
    In my case, I also take 1-2mg (yes, at work) and have personally found that they help considerably for taking the edge off anxiety/panic at the time (for me it takes about 30-40 minutes to 'kick-in'). Yes they make me feel slightly tired, but nowhere near to the point where I feel I want to close my eyes or anything like that .
    I think what you're suggesting will give you the answer on knowing how either 1mg or 2mg will affect you during the daytime . . . . everyone's different but it's such a low dose, I hope you'll find no adverse effects.
    My tennet though is 'only use in emergencies' . . . as Tyke says; if you can get by without, all well and good (and that may also help your own confidence).

Hi Rhm thanks for reply. I was a little confused about your post though as you said at the start you only ever use in emergencies but then you said you also take 1-2mg at work?

It would only be for a few days Id do it while I was in the other office. Not sure though as it might make me more anxious worrying about it.

Hi Spikey . . . just to clarify . . . I do only take them in emergencies . . . and this has usually been in a work situation (e.g anticipatory anxiety prior to a stressful meeting) . . . thankfully for me, I only get this bad every so often and I'm normally able to 'cope' without resorting to take one. In the last six months, I've used 2mg Diazepam only on about 12 occasions to get me through a particularly difficult time, and most of these have been in a work situation.
    Cheers

I used to halve one and take it at work and could still function ok

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks for clarifying RHM I thought you probably meant that. Nicola did you take half a 2mg one?

Hi, I have 2mg of diazepam that I keep with me for emergencies. I only have to take them on very rare occasions and they do not make me feel sleepy, but I too find that they take about 30-40mins to kick in before I notice the benefit of them. I was on 40mg of citalopram a few months ago, started on 20mg, up to 40mg after 3 months then gradually over the last 4-5 months have weened myself off of them completely. I am now 8 days off of them completely and I feel fine. I still keep my diazepam with me in case I have a bit of a 'blip'.
    Hope the diazepam work for you to help you before your meds kick in.
    All the very best
    jannie x x

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I used to halve one and take it at work and could still function ok
    Yes so it was just 1mg

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information