Thread: put on weight... really unhappy

put on weight... really unhappy

Hi i was 8 stone 3 pounds and now im nearly 9 stone :'( and im only 5 foot 2.
    Some days i binge eat and i know it and then some days i can barely eat a thing. Today ive had two chocolate bars and im angry with my self for it. Ive also had dinner (sherperds pie, a yoguhrt and cheese and crackers).
    I rarely exercise if im honest. at one point i was near 10 stone and anxiety caused me to plummet down to 8. I dont want my bmi to reach over weight. its about 22.5 at th moment. im depressed and unhappy. :(

Re: put on weight... really unhappy

I am 5 foot 1 and i weigh 9 stone, you are not overweight, you are in the healthy part of the bmi scale. Please don't be upset about it, if you are start excercising more and cut down on fatty foods etc, but you don't need to loose any you are perfectly healthy x

I keep getting back on the scales to see if the reading was correct and it is :'(

If you want to lose weight, or just be healthier consider the first thing before even changing your life style is to stop punishing yourself for where you are. Depressed and unhappy says a lot! Continuing a negative cycle where the last place you are going to end up is thinner or happier, being angry and frustrated with yourself is only going to make you feel bad and then you will eat more e.t.c

You're not obese, so there is no immediate need for great results. If you want to change you don't have to jump to crazy exercise or just eating carrots! Is there a kind of exercise you like to do? Tennis? Football? I found I liked to walk a lot and play those old dance games. Then it didn't feel so much like work!

Even without a "proper diet" as it were, if you know you have a bad relationship with food (I've been there, and sometimes I still am!) have a think about the things you eat that are bad but you can't live without, then those things you like (that are bad) but you can live without them, then think about things that are healthier that you don't mind eating.

For example, I love chocolate and coffee, I like ice cream and crisps, I quite like plain home made fresh (plain) popcorn, grapes and plain yoghurt. When I'm binge eating and its taking an effect, I keep the coffee and chocolate, ditch the crisps and ice cream and stock more of the okayish foods. If all the chocolate is gone and I'm really hungry, I don't mind eating the other stuff and by the time I'm sick of it, the desire to binge is usually gone.

Have you ever heard of "eat this not that"? Even small changes make a difference and often if you can get over the hump of your worst cravings, other changes come easier. In the UK, it's easier to get a balanced diet without having to resort to extremes because they don't put corn syrup in the bread and milk (everything is really sweet) and stuff.

Thanks. Sorry for bumping this thread but ive been really bad this week and had to much to eat. I was put of sports for life due to bullying at school in pe were i spent nearly a month of school due to it.
    I really dont want my bmi to go overweight. I have walked my friends dog for 20 mins for the last two days but only cause i was over there.
    I think what i will do is have breakfast, snack on stuff like fruit and have dinner starting from tommorow. Ive never had lunch my whole life as my mum hasnt ever done lunch ever since we were little. some days i can have days were i eat nothing and then ill just binge :\. ive put on a stone in like two months and its depressing.

Hi

I sometimes do the same thing. I call it my Cake Diet!

Know how u feel emma im the same binge eating since having my daughter put on so much weight feel bad when i eat something nice doing gym and weight watchers.

Thread Information