Thread: is it all really anxiety??

is it all really anxiety??

Hi. Since havin my first baby over a year ago. I've had problems with palpitations. Been scanned. Ecg etc all came back fine. However I've always been slightly dizzy and tired seem dots etc since but nothin has seemed to come up with the doctors about it. But a couple week ago I woke up with the room spinnin and I felt like I was bein shuck side to side and up and down!! It lasted a abit I felt sick hot shaky and eventually was sick. The rest of that day I was dizzy felt sick and was shaky. Just thought I was comin down with somethin. But that night I woke up shakin and I felt like I was fallin everytime I started noddin off for sleep. I went doctors and was old I was sufferin anxiety. I'm on tablets. I've had blood tests done and more ecg but evrythin fine. For the past couple of week I've been really ill in the mornin and dizzy well more lightheaded everyday. I havnt woke up shakin since bein put on tablets and my heart rate doesn't seem as fast. My eyes are also like a static look to them and I see flashin when my eyes are closedand I also csan bve lookin at somethin look away and like a shadow of that would flash in my eyes again. Would like to know if anyone is going through or has been through this as I just can't relax!! I've always been a 'worrier' and it runs in my family but nothin like I have been lately. I evenually went emergncy and was told I have postnatal depression .. I get bad headaches and pressure ad was prescirbed for it which works for them but I'm still worryin. I'm plannin on goin back to the doctors to be referred for my eyes and ears. Can I jut add my grandmother was diagnosed with vertigo not long ago and bad migrains many thanks

Re: is it all really anxiety??

Can I just add ... When I swallow I hear a clickerin noise and feel a popped feel too

The amount of light headedness you get is a bit worrying.

Do you find yourself holding your breath a lot? What is your breathing like? Have you tried eating smaller but more frequent meals?

Having my baby certainly exasperated the anxiety issues I was having, I wasn't worried too much about the actual parenting even though I had 0 experience with babies, but I just felt so vulnerable all the time. Hated getting into the car, worried that someone was going to break in at night e.t.c Chronic worrying just kind of snowballed after that. I get lightheaded easily, headaches from clenching my teeth at night but most of my problems come from poor concentration/foggy thinking e.t.c

It wouldn't hurt to get your eyes/ears checked I think. I have heard ear infections can make you dizzy and having your eyes checked is just a good idea anyway.

I hope you feel better soon, glad the tablets did a little for you.

My meds have improved my mood and taken the edge off the jitteryness of my anxiety but combating the anxiety itself still takes a plan and concerted effort, nobody is going to make it go away except us. Have you tried one of those workbooks?

Hi, i'm currently highly anxious and depressed too, and i'm suffering with light headedness, fuzzyiness and feeling sick.

I think (i'm starting to realise this ) that anxiety and depression can manifest itself with lots of physical symptons. Its a bit of a bugger really because it can make you think there is something else wrong.

Hope that helps.

Think I breath fine. I don't hold my breath. I've not tried that no, why does it help with dizziness? I have to make sure I kiss her and say night love you etc when its bedtime. I can't not do it and if I forget and I will get up in the niddle of the night and give my baby a kiss etc. It all started the night after she was born but it seemed to get better until I got a headache that lasted a long time. Then I started gettin worried and one mornin I woke up with the room spinnin and I've been really bad ever since. I've been told I need to gt my gp to refer me for depression. My concentration is off and everythin. I'm just constatly thinkin about nothin. I get out of breath very easy. I dread bedtime and when I eake up I feel upset because I feel ill. It seems to get better once I'm up. Its not gettin in the way of doin things its just makin me think and think and worry. Doctor did say its a vicous cycle and I understand that but I can't get my head round it bein all to do with anxiety and depression. I need tests done to ease my worry abit I think.

Yes, I didn't even notice I was doing it until my mother said "why do you keep sighing?", I also hold my stomach muscles in, even though I'm at home clearly in no danger e.t.c

I'm sure there are lots of tips on breathing exercises on the site, when I notice bad habits I breath low into my stomach, it forces it to relax. Concentrate on breathing in through my nose and breathing out slow and deep, it's a good thing to practice while doing simple chores like folding clothes and whatnot.

If you get echo in your ears/ear popping it helps it to go away as well (least for me it does)

I'm like that too, I think you do it out of necessity when they are babies, everyone afraid of SIDS but now he's 2 and I still do it anyway. Just makes me feel better, and it's so calming to see them comfortable and asleep.

So mostly, your post natal fear comes from your health?

I'm sure your doctors know what they are doing, tests will put your mind at ease. I would keep note of your symptoms just to keep on eye in them just in case.

I do hope you feel better soon, keep us updated

Well from the very start sice havin my baby. Well mypregnancy was fine. Well first 3 month mornin sickness. Then fine until about 38 week where I had high blood pressure and somethin in my blood. When sheh was born I was feelin abit down because I had a section. Then I couldn't breast feed and I could hear heer little tummy rumbling. Then my bf was upset I didn't breast feed. I think it just all has gotten on top of me but becasue I've been so tired and busy and bein young I have just nit noiticed up until not long ago. People say they won't admit they have it atall but I'm not exactly like that. I don't really mind people knowing. But I do feel like a bit of a bad mum. Plus might I add. Were savin for a house and to do so my bf has worked away which really kinda got on top of me. I've had quite a ride with my baby. She had somethin called reflux then she wouldn't eat baby food. And she gave us frights and ended up in hospital days. Also I live with my mum and I have a big enough household as it it and its just too cramped. Arguments over arguments etc. I don't know when I think of evrythin in general and what I am dealin with and vbeen put through at a young ago I can believe its hjuat depression and anxiety but then I think these physical symptoms just because of that, really?? If anythin I'm in denial the symptoms are from anxiety and depression! I really don't know :( I don't really look extremely forward to anythin. Like this house I can't imagine it. I just think if I get a house I'm alone more and I worry more when I'm alone. If we plan to go out and have baby minded I think what if sometjin happens?? But at the same time I have another voice saying don't be stupid and I do want to go out because I know I need it and the time to be 'me' not just mummy

Thread Information