Thread: Anxiety, Stress, Illness .. Feeling Unwell!

Anxiety, Stress, Illness .. Feeling Unwell!

Good morning everyone

It has been a VERY long time since I have posted on here mainly because generally my panic and anxiety has been under control, however, the last few weeks have been very testing and have caused me to feel very unwell. I wont bore you all too much so will try and be as brief as I can.

In April my job became redundant, to cut a long story short I managed to successfully gain another position within the same company. On top of this my Grandmother broke her hip (aged 94) was in hospital for 7 weeks and passed away last week. My Father was diagnosed with Lymphoma and I have had a tooth abscess waiting extraction so have been on Metronidazole, Citalopram, Simvastatin as well as pain killers.

The last few days I have not been eating at all well, been feeling light headed and very bilious/nauseous and also been aching all over like I have the flu’ and have a general feeling of emptiness, low self esteem and a ‘cant be bothered’ attitude – all I want to do is watch TV and sleep and be on my own. Feeling sick but not actually being sick is making me feel lousy – I cannot seem to function properly at all.

My non-medical ‘diagnosis’ is that this feeling is a mixture of stress, anxiety and the tooth infection thus having too much to deal with and my body simply giving up and saying that I need some proper rest. I am forcing myself in to work to try and keep my mind off things and am actually typing this at work as getting on with daily tasks is not easy at the moment.

I am due to travel to the USA with a friend on a 2 week holiday in 4 weeks and I obviously want to be well and enjoy it – I am sure once away I will be fine but at the moment I really do feel awful. I live close to the coast and was wondering if I just need some ‘me time’ relaxing in the sea air etc. Also, would it be a good idea to have some time off of work and literally doing nothing apart from keeping myself busy and occupied?

Sorry for the lack of posting and I hope to hear from you all with your thoughts. Hope you are all well.

M

Re: Anxiety, Stress, Illness .. Feeling Unwell!

Hi I have read your post
    Are you on any medication for your anxiety
    I think you could do with some me time.
    Hav e yhou been to the dentists with your tooth infection
    All your symptoms seem like anxiety related.
    Hope you have a lovely holiday in America.

Joan

Re: Anxiety, Stress, Illness .. Feeling Unwell!

Quote Originally Posted by joans60 View Post
    Hi I have read your post
    Are you on any medication for your anxiety
    I think you could do with some me time.
    Hav e yhou been to the dentists with your tooth infection
    All your symptoms seem like anxiety related.
    Hope you have a lovely holiday in America.

Joan
    Hi - yes the Citalopram is for depression and anxiety. Yes, dentist is under control which is why I am on Metronidazole

Thread Information