PDA

View Full Version : UTI - Worried about Kidney Failure :(

87sal87
19-08-11, 16:37
Hi,

I've been okay recently but now this has put me right back to square one [again!!]
I got an UTI in the winter in 2009 & ever since then, I've been plagued with them.
My urine has been sent away for tests many times but no answer has ever come back. It did all calm down for abit, but now I've got a really bad one, it's been lingering for weeks & just won't go. I'm on my 3rd lot of antibiotics & a sample of Urine has been sent away again yesterday.

Only now I've worried about my kidneys because constant infection can't be good for them. It must be doing damage.
I'm worried that my kidneys are failing because I've got a lot of pain & discomfort in my back & left side. & I'm now losing a brown/bloody discharge [sorry] & even though I'm drinking a lot, I don't seem to be passing much Urine & it's very dark, which are all sides of Kidney Failure.

I told the doctor this yesterday but he seemed unconcerned.
I'm so worried, I don't know what to do :(

Liliana83
19-08-11, 16:43
They haven't found any kidney stones? I ask because my brother recently is going through something similar...and is on meds.

Try not to be worried..I'm sure things are okay..it's good that you have gone to a doctor..hope things look up for ya!

Nicholas440
20-08-11, 03:11
I would recommend you see another doctor if yours was not concerned. Brown discharge in the urine and very little urine passage is not a good sign. However having said that if you have no fever, chances are your kidneys are ok, they might be stessed a bit but should be ok. Check with a new doctor...

s11fyx
20-08-11, 07:56
could you ask for a scan for kidney stones my partner has them and he had some of those symptoms but dont worry even with big kidney stines his kidney function was still perfect x