View Full Version : your feelings

trevor
10-05-06, 08:44
hi guys,,

hope you are all ok,,

found this one thought i would share it with you all,,

Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Your feelings
How do you want to feel today? That's exactly the way you can feel.
Do you want to feel frustrated, annoyed, upset, discouraged and angry? Then you will find in this day plenty of excuses for feeling all those negative emotions.

Or would you prefer to feel alive, empowered, enthusiastic, passionate and joyful? If so, as you go through the day there will be opportunities for such coming from every direction.

The great thing is that you are never a prisoner of circumstance when it comes to how you feel. Whatever may or may not be happening around you, you can choose to feel exactly the way you want to feel.

Yes, you could choose to feel lousy and then blame your feelings on the terrible hand you've been dealt. But you would be missing out on a great opportunity, the opportunity of experiencing the best that this day has to offer.

Instead, decide to take responsibility for your own feelings and then aim those feelings in a positive, empowering direction. And whatever else may happen, you're sure to have a great, valuable day filled with life.

i liked it hope you do too,,

trevor,,:D

better to fight for something than to live for nothing

jill
10-05-06, 11:40
Hi Trevor :D:D

Your threads like this always put a smile on my face, it is sooo true.

Thank you for sharing :D:D

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Barb
10-05-06, 12:54
Thats very true Trev, I have found I really can choose the way I feel
thanks for that [8D][8D]

Barb xx

shiv
10-05-06, 13:06
Wow, what an inspirational statement, Trev.

I was just sitting here, deciding whether I should pop over to Bluewater and get my neices first birthday present and now I've read that I've decided to JFDI!!!!

Felt quite down and bad today, but am starting to feel more positive already!

Thanks Trev.

Shiv x

trevor
10-05-06, 13:52
hi guys,,

so happy you like them jillthere cool arnt they,,

hey no problem barb,,

hey shiv hope your niece likes her gift,,,JFDI i like that 1,,

thanks guys,,

Paddington
10-05-06, 14:39
hi trevor,how right all that is!I often wonder why it seems easier to imagine awful scenarios than wonderful ones!!Could it be afeeling of 'i'm not worthy'????Any hoo it's a beautiful day and i am glad of it,i feel poorly of late[virus or sum such]and your words of wisdom have cheered me up no end,ta ever so.love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

pips
11-05-06, 10:41
Hi Trev,

Thanks for that you are so right. Tis so true you can ruin a day by feeling blue and sorry full.:(

As you say though if you can just turn those thoughts around to more POSITIVE happier ones your out look can change.:D

Take care,

Love PIP'S X

KatiePie
11-05-06, 23:36
Hi Trev

That's really inspirational. I read something last weekend that I liked:

During every day try to be grateful, be kind to someone and stop 'stinking thinking'.

The author recommended that before you go to sleep each night you should write down five things that have happened during the day that have been nice or for which you are grateful. It could be that the sun was shining and you could sit in the garden, or that your partner gave you a lovely hug and you are grateful that they are there. I find this really helps me to think about everything that is good in my life.

The being kind to someone bit could be really simple - cooking a nice meal for someone, going out of your way to help a colleague, saying something really nice to someone!

And I like the reference to 'stopping stinking thinking' as that's sometimes what it feels like! Negative thoughts are insidious and seem to feed off themselves!

Hope this helps.

katiePie

trevor
14-05-06, 12:03
hey katie,,

yes it has helped thanks,,

i like the phrase ""STINKING THINKING"" gave me a giggle that 1 thanks,,