PDA

View Full Version : deep breathe?

lauraebowes
19-08-11, 19:38
im a little worried about my breathing i keep feeling as though i need to take a really deep breath even when im sat watching tele. im worried there something wrong. please can someone give me some advice x

LucyLiz
19-08-11, 21:06
This is an extremely common anxiety symptom. Does it then feel like you can't take enough air in when you do inhale? This was probably one of my first ever symptoms, very uncomfortable but if you distract yourself it will pass x

LOUBELLABEE
19-08-11, 22:15
I have spent the last 3 months with this and convinced myself I have a heart problem. I am starting to get better but I know exactly how you feel. Everyday you are aware of your breathing, trying to get a deep breath and reach the point where you achieve a satisfying breath. Along with feeling breathless all the time, suffocated, to chest discomfort and even choking sensation. Its absolute hell? Outr of interest do you get it when you are asleep? Remember breathing is an automatic bodily function and you wont stop breathing or do you need to be aware of youer breathing. Try a distraction method. Wear a hair band./elastic band around your wrist and when you have the sensation in your chest area, flick the band on your wrist so your attention is diverted to that and not your breathing habit...trust me it works.:)

lizzie29
19-08-11, 23:25
I've had that in the past, where I felt like I needed to keep yawning to breathe deeply enough. I know others that have had it too, all down to anxiety. The more you focus on it, the more you'll find you need to breathe, so as someone else has said, try to distract yourself. x

brambles
20-08-11, 01:49
I've had this for years. I breath very shallow and slow, then periodically have to take a deep breath. It's nothing but anxiety for me.

xJust_Sarahx
20-08-11, 15:35
Hi
i have had this for years and i have panic attacks a few times a day every day. I dont get out the house much at all because of it. It really worries me that i have something wrong like Asthma. I always take deep breaths and i dont get a full breath i panic and try to take another, before i know it im gasping for air type thing (sensation). Its really really awful.

lauraebowes
20-08-11, 15:47
thank you all for your reassurance my muscles are hurting now because ive been taking really deep breaths i hate this anxiety its really getting to me now.

xJust_Sarahx
20-08-11, 16:00
Mine do all the time, light throat and chest etc.