PDA

View Full Version : A quick question...

Downsouthdevil
20-08-11, 13:56
A strange question:

I know that with Health Anxiety there is always a deep rooted belief that you may have a terminal illness, however is it common to have a continued preoccupation with death, almost like a feeling of death where your sense feel like they are shutting down and you imagine your own death, you are convinced you are dying.

To me it would be more logically connected with manic depression? But is something that is entering my thoughts with alarming regualarity. Is this common?

xJust_Sarahx
20-08-11, 15:43
Hi, I think i know what you mean (sorry if i am so off the mark), but do you mean like where you feel like your actually dying, like how your feeling.. you think thats how dying feels like? For example.. with my breathing when im really breathless and my chest is wheezy and im coughing.. i think that thats my time up, and i think this is the day im going to die.. all the things that have happened before have been warning signs and here i am now suffering, thn all kinds of things go through my head like "im leaving my children without a mam" "they going to forget me" etc etc.

Downsouthdevil
20-08-11, 17:15
I think what I was trying to say is that you are not imagining a future because you honestly believe you are dying as such your mind starts to act accordingly, you think about death all the time.

Worried_Male
21-08-11, 04:19
Since my health anxiety started I never plan too far ahead. I don't feel like death is imminent but I have doubts whether I will still be here this time next year.

Downsouthdevil
21-08-11, 10:52
Worried male.

Thank you for your reply, that sums up how I feel exactly, its a horrible place to be, especially when there is so much to enjoy in life, but I just seem incapable of being able to do so because of how all my symptoms make me feel.

bluetopazgirl
21-08-11, 10:55
I often feel I can't plan anything because it will be wasted planning because I won't be around, Its the negative thoughts accompanying HA I think x

stephen12
21-08-11, 18:23
i'm the same, i was worried about getting to uni because i'd be dead, this was 10 months ago and well i start in 4 weeks so i think i'm fine.