PDA

View Full Version : Need reassurance pls

Velma66
20-08-11, 14:33
Hi
just need a bit of reassurance-am trying not to panic but on the verge
is it too early in the year to get flu? I feel awful-aching muscles, v sweaty & burning then freezing cold & shivery, ears feel blocked & weird, feel really sick. Just woken up after sleeping 14 hours, sweating bad & weird dreams. Now I know it sounds like anxiety but my husband feels the same-feel like we need to lay down, eyes heavy, dizzy. Hubby doesn't get anxiety so makes me think it's a virus??? My anxiety is high cos I'm worried bout what's wrong with us-any thoughts? I'm really scared

rosi
20-08-11, 15:33
You can get flu at any time of the year, its just more common during the flu seasons of the winter months. Please,lease don't worry. You are both fine and your bodies are well able to fight it off. People get viruses and recover all the time. :)

xJust_Sarahx
20-08-11, 15:40
You can get flu at anytime, not just at winter, and the fact you both have it prooves that its just flu and not anxiety.. especially with you saying your husband does'nt have anxiety. :)

Velma66
20-08-11, 15:44
Thank you rosi for your reply. I think what makes it worse is that my anxiety/depression started in December last year after a bad bout of flu, it's taken me 8 months to get back on track (with medication & therapy)& I'm still not fully recovered (this week has been an anxious one) & then to wake up today feeling like this has just brought all those terrifying memories back-I am def having a flu jab this year, can't go through that again.
I must think positively & tell myself this is just a virus, it will pass-it just reminds me off the days when my anx/dep was at it's worst & I couldn't get out of bed

Velma66
20-08-11, 15:47
Thank u just Sarah for yr reply-I don't know what I'd do without this site, I really don't!