PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Stop Thinking

Selfhater Plus
20-08-11, 16:44
First post, hope this is the right thread for this.

I was diagnosed with Anxiety around 3 years ago but have probably suffered from it for a lot longer. I've been on citalopram since then which helped up to a point but around 2 months ago my doctor suddenly stopped prescribing it.

Since then as you can imagine i've been up and down like a yoyo. My major problem at the minute is not being able to stop thinking, during a film, trying to read or trying to get to sleep. Just almost constant thoughts, not bad thoughts or worry just unimportant crap. I just can't seem to relax and enjoy anything.

I've never talked to anyone else with Anxiety and just wondered if anyone else has similar problems and wether anyone has any tips to shut my head up :)

Thanks

M155anthr0p3
20-08-11, 17:46
Ah the chatterbox...he visits me daily too!
Nightmare isn't it.
You have to try not to listen...nor pay attention

Xxx

LaNae
20-08-11, 19:41
I visualise a sort of chattering teeth toy or a crazy terrier fellowing me around, so I'm aware of it going on but in the background.

M155anthr0p3
20-08-11, 19:49
I visualise a sort of chattering teeth toy or a crazy terrier fellowing me around, so I'm aware of it going on but in the background.

Love it!!

bebbe
20-08-11, 19:55
I shut my chatterbox up at night by writing everything that has happened to me through the day in a note book (visited dad,went shopping) that leaves my mind clear so I read my book and fall asleep

honeyp1e
20-08-11, 19:58
i HATE the chatterbox my mind seems to do this 24/7 it just chatters on with itself so so much and i can't seem to shut it up x

shinderuko
20-08-11, 20:46
I write in a diary every night just before I go to bed as well. My GP actually suggested I keep a diary of my anxiety and thoughts and I can't believe how well it's working so far

Selfhater Plus
21-08-11, 21:08
Nice to know it's not just me (or is that a bad think to say lol)

It had calmed while i was on citalopram, mainly happened when i was trying to get to sleep i'd be trying to think of something to get me to sleepand 2minutes later i'd be thinking of something else. drives me nuts :wacko:

panictomuch
22-08-11, 07:21
Hii

Same herei actually am starting to give up watching films etc. There's just no point! I keep meanin to write everythin down because I have read its a good idea too. I don't really thunk too much at night because I'm so tire. This whole anxiety and symptoms following just knock me out but I'm still really tired!

It isn't about anythin important. Just things like. Things to do tomorrow. What happened that day etc etc. Just crap. Over and over!!

Think its just yet another anxiety symptom!
:blush:

Selfhater Plus
22-08-11, 23:41
Hii

Same herei actually am starting to give up watching films etc. There's just no point! I keep meanin to write everythin down because I have read its a good idea too. I don't really thunk too much at night because I'm so tire. This whole anxiety and symptoms following just knock me out but I'm still really tired!

It isn't about anythin important. Just things like. Things to do tomorrow. What happened that day etc etc. Just crap. Over and over!!

Think its just yet another anxiety symptom!
:blush:
Have you tried medication? citalopram helped me, not a cure but it took the edge off

panictomuch
27-08-11, 08:09
Well my doctor put me on propanolol but he said its besically for my heart rate. It gets to 200. A while back doctors thought it was somethn called an svt which is fine and just somethin I have to live with. Everythin baasically staarted after the birth of my baby girl.

I think I'm fine and I'm not worryin aboyt it etc but then when I spoke what was wrong with me I burst out in tears at the doctors. I felt like a idiot after but I just needed to cry about it.

I've started to noticed I hold my breath a lot and I think that's what's causin my dizziness. I think yes that symptom could be down to that etc but even though ii can find these explanations etc I srill don't think its anxiety. All this is awful!!

raphaelite
27-08-11, 12:03
I think you should try reading Richard Carlson's book, Stop Thinking, Start living. I had exactly the same thoughts as you but the book actually helped alot :). No I don't work for him :P. You can get copies from about a penny on amazon. Hope this helps hun xxx