PDA

View Full Version : blood clot fear is back

Em.ma
20-08-11, 22:05
sorry for posting this but i keep getting sharp intense pains in legs even when im normal. in the holidays i spend 3 days in a week and in the term time about 1 occasionly 2. i get numbness when sitting to the point i cant walk to which scares me. today my friend said some guy died from a clot after knowing my fear of one :scared15:

Em.ma
20-08-11, 22:19
i was planning on bed at 10 now im up worring :\

Em.ma
20-08-11, 22:44
occasionly i get red marks on legs whcih go after a few mins, it all adds up

miss_moose
20-08-11, 22:50
I worry about this too, more so now as there was a story recently in the press about someone who had one because he would spend 18 hours a day sat down on the computer.
So now i'm going for a walk everyday (i'm recovering agoraphobic so it's hard), even just a walk round the house, or excersise, marching up and down on the spot and swinging your arms. As long as you don't sit still for too long and stretch your legs now and again you'll be ok.

bottleblond
20-08-11, 22:52
No it doesn't! Em you are just being paranoid. You're NOT dying, you are growing.

You need professional help because you are not thinking rationally.

Lisa
x

scaredstiff695
20-08-11, 23:20
Hi chick u not high risk u haven't just had a op and I'm pretty sure you don't still all the time. I have had this fear in 2006/2007 when my sin was born and I watched corrie lol x u leg would be agony hun snd the marks would be very very visible and stay. Also drink loads of water that helps don't no why.

macc noodle
20-08-11, 23:20
occasionly i get red marks on legs whcih go after a few mins, it all adds up

Adds up to what Em_ma? Certainly not a blood clot that is for sure - the redness would not go away and there would be heat and swelling there too.

Please stop worrying about this.

It seems to me that your anxiety is out of control again and you do need to seek help with this so that you can get back on an even keel.

Macc Noodle
xx

debs71
21-08-11, 01:49
Emma, I have been out of work since Dec 2009.

In that time I have spent hours, weeks and months lying on my bed, with my laptop on my legs, in one position, static, whilst job searching on the web.

So far, no clot.

When a clot forms you would know it from the severe pain and the fact that your limb is swollen and purple.

Please try to put this ridiculous notion about forming a clot from your mind.

I agree with macc. You need urgent help with your anxiety as it is driving all of these thoughts and worries.xxx

Em.ma
21-08-11, 22:57
Thank you all.
Hoping i can fianlly put this behind me x