PDA

View Full Version : Words of wisdom and experience needed

Bravedart
20-08-11, 22:42
Hi Folks

Ive been around here since February however for the last three months or so I have not been "Myself" (Whoever that is :)) but have been fairly settled.

Over the last week or so my anxiety has returned with a huge almighty bang. I thought that if it returned to the same extent I initially experienced I'd be much better equipped to deal with it due to the knowledge I've gained about anxiety and what it does to me.

Suffice to say I have not been in a position to deal with it as I feel I should and it is soooo scary and frustrating..... :weep: Sorry for the rant however basically Id appreciate any words of wisdom or stories anyone may have about anxiety returning full force.

Thanks

Tommya77
21-08-11, 00:03
I had anxiety 7 years ago so bad, that I wouldn't leave the house or drive. I slowly got better and it went away for about 3 years. The past few months it has came back with a big bang.

Trying to remember how it went away in the past, and that is what keeps me going. I know over time it will get better. When I think positive, I feel better. I used to laugh at panic attacks, and that made it go away. Just face the anxiety and try to make a joke of it inside your head.

I have my good days, and bad days, today is a bad one, but I know it will go away.

Hope you all the best.

Bravedart
21-08-11, 00:52
Thanks for your response, I appreciate it. I hope your ok and your day gets better. :winks:

Tyke
21-08-11, 04:14
Hi Bravedart

I have just got over my second major episode of anxiety and depression. It was quite tough being 'down' again as I'd told myself I was okay now and it was all in the past! I was helped more by taking anti-depressants this time round and my doc has said that in future I should try and look out for the warning signs so that they can treat me earlier, before it gets too bad. Knowing that I have been there again and come out of it is proof to me that I won't get stuck there for ever. That does make me feel a bit more positive about handling it in the future.

Tyke :)

MidnightCalm
21-08-11, 11:06
When you guys have your episodes of anxiety do you get a lot of physical symptoms too or is it mainly just mental?
x

Bravedart
21-08-11, 11:21
Hi

I have physical symptoms yes. These range from shaky legs, sweating (eww I know :D.... three showers a day :ohmy:)... Shaking inside and out, Feeling sick etc etc etc all anxiety.

Tyke
22-08-11, 02:08
I have physical symptoms yes. These range from shaky legs, sweating (eww I know :D.... three showers a day :ohmy:)... Shaking inside and out, Feeling sick etc etc etc all anxiety.
Similar for me - shaky, feeling sick, sweaty, dry mouth, chest pains, head aches, insomnia, tired, no energy, muscle twitches, breathlessness, my whole body feeling constantly tense as if it would explode :scared15:.