PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Know its Anxiety or real breathing problems?

looking4answers
20-08-11, 23:11
I have been feeling like I cant get enough oxygen lately and the times I feel like that I check my pulse and its normal. Im really worried I might have lung cancer as 25 percent of all people that have lung cancer have no symptoms. The breathing problem is a recent developement and im worried that I might be having shortness of breath and just thinking it is just anxiety. When I get short of breath I just feel like I am not getting enough oxygen. I have been having sinus issues lately and allergies ,so this to I wonder if its just that. Im really worried as I cannot find a answer to this anywhere. How would you know forsure its anxiety or real breathing issues? Please I need some reasurrance?????

scaredstiff695
20-08-11, 23:14
Hi. I can relate to this big time. I remember when I developed my breathing obsession lol constantly thinking I wasn't breathing etc read some of my threads xx
I'm still not 100 percent about it but better. I just trust people around me. My colour and The way I move and talk etc xc of doctor says it's ok trust him/het x

looking4answers
21-08-11, 00:30
Anyone know how you can really tell?

Mirabelle
21-08-11, 00:33
Hi
If you had cancer that was advanced enough to cause you breathing problems you would be very ill and have other symptoms too. I think it is anxiety.
x

nomorepanic
21-08-11, 00:41
My doctor told me that she knows from a quick checkup whether someone has lung cancer or not and she said there are obvious signs and she is usually right.

So I guess you need to see a doctor and they will be able to tell you

looking4answers
21-08-11, 00:59
I was just wondering how you can tell if shortness of breath is anxiety or real ?Not that I would have lung cancer.I have already discounted the symptoms of lung cancer and Zi dont have that,so for my original question about anxiety and being real when feeling short of breath

looking4answers
21-08-11, 01:00
Nicola am I posting too much? Sorry,I had a through checkup a year ago and well I think they would have noticed something also was experiencing shortness of breath then too.

nomorepanic
21-08-11, 01:00
You need to learn correct abdnominal breathing then you will know if it is anxiety or not i guess

looking4answers
21-08-11, 01:02
Am I posting too much? Sorry:(

suzy-sue
21-08-11, 01:09
Do you have blood in your Phlegm ? A persistant cough ? Changes in your vision or Severe headaches ? There are several types of lung cancer ,and a chest xray .will be the first thing the Dr would do to rule it out .Anything is treatable and often cured if caught in time .If you smoke pack up ,better late than never ..Says I ...who smokes ..:blush:..Being over weight can make you breathless and if you had cancer you would be losing weight fast Michael ..t/c Sue x

looking4answers
21-08-11, 01:15
Hi Sue,no blood in phlegm, occassional cough from sinus drip allergies,dont think any vision changes ,my eyes aame as usual. A little overweight about 15 pounds and nope lol not losing weight fast ,always stay about the same,but guess I need to break down and go to the doc and have a chest xray just to be safe I suppose

suzy-sue
21-08-11, 01:25
I dont honestly think you will need one Michael .The Dr would listen to your lungs first .Only if it was a bit crackley would he send you for an x-ray ..I lost a lot of weight and I was sent for one ..I was pooping meself ...Came back clear so that was good .All anx im afraid ...Wouldnt do you any harm to go for check up and blood tests can rule out lots of things .You would be feeling a whole lot better after it all came back clear hun ..At least you would know it was all caused by Anxiety .....Luv Sue

Anxious_gal
21-08-11, 01:32
I use one of these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulse_oximeter so I know I am not suffocating.
Warning if you have bad health anxiety buying one of these could be bad for you as it can give false readings. So it could make you worse but for me it's been helpful.

When was your last check up? For the sake of one doctors visit, maybe a panic attack or two you could save yourself from hours of worrying.

start making a list of your symptoms and take it with you when you go to the doctor,

looking4answers
21-08-11, 02:01
I had an excellent checkup a year ago and was pretty much feeling the way I am now so,its probally nothing but I just kind of worried how you could tell the difference between anxiety and real.But if I go to the dr,ill surely make a list. Thank everyone