PDA

View Full Version : Wedding nerves spiralling

JEdge
10-05-06, 15:33
Hi - just to say hello and introduce myself. I am 34 years old - have a lovely daughter and partner and live in Wales. I have had various degrees of anxiety / panic over the past 8 years and have more of a social anxiety now. In short - I am getting married in 8 weeks and it has just hit me what I have to do (not the marrying part but the social part). I am petrified of walking down the aisle and standing up and saying my vows. I seem to have a chip in my head telling me that I will work myself up into a state and either pass out or throw up on the big day! I know its ridiculous but I'm sure sufferers will understand the power of the mind working against you! Friends have told me to have a good drink beforehand or 'pop a pill' but I want to try and remember the day. So any tips would be wonderful - I think with me its a confidence thing - if I could feel and more over 'believe' in the confidence then that would go a long way but negativity is always stronger.
Anyhow - hello again and help would be great!
Jo

Alexandra
10-05-06, 22:16
Hi Hun

Welcome to the forum.

Congrats on your forth coming wedding i bet you will have such a wonderful happy day that you wo'nt have that much time to be nervous.

I get married myself in 12 weeks time & i admit im nervous & excited but keep trying to tell myself its all goiing to be okay.

Pm me if you want to chat.

Thinking of you

((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))) )))

Take Care

Alex

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

joolsukuk
10-05-06, 22:20
hi my sister in law suffered really bad before her wedding was ringing me all hours of the night in a state! but the big day came and she looked so lovely and she had a wonderful day..she was so bad before hand that she nearly cancled ..but as i said it was fab and yours will be too... she too thought she would pass out she faints when shes stressed..but she didnt! you have a wonderful day and enjoy every minute.xxbest wishes post aphoto of your day after would love to see xxxx

jools xx

JEdge
13-05-06, 20:05
Thanks so much for your wishes and support.
I get a bit down sometimes that I just can't squash out these feelings of fear about being in a room of all my family and friends - I just want to be there with Steve (perhaps I could ask them all to leave for the ceremony - lol).
Anyhow - will keep going and looking forward to it - I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT (mantra or something?)
Jo