PDA

View Full Version : New Member saying Hello

Hetty
21-08-11, 06:42
Hi
Just wanted to introduce myself, I am 44 & I suffer with complex PTSD and have done for many years , 3 years ago I managed to get into the NHS mental health sector and have been under going therapy for two years.
I have tried many different meds, and have had a lot of awful side effects, which have have had to be stopped because they were causing me more problems. I am currently taking Prozac Amitriptilline, propranlolol and diazepam, but will be going to be trialled on Seroquel next week
I suffer with agraphobia, dissociation, flashbacks,depression agitation and really don't mix with people - trust issues are a big problem.
I have insomnia ,and the hypervigilence makes me exhausted.
My experience of the NHS MH sector overall has been excellent, the down side has been the waiting times to get in for CBT

Hetty.

nomorepanic
21-08-11, 06:44
Hi Hetty

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

venusbluejeans
22-08-11, 01:37
ya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome:

paulst
22-08-11, 08:38
Hi Hetty welcome to the forum, Im glad you found us.:)

Gemma T
22-08-11, 14:22
A big Welcome from me Hetty. Can I ask where you live. I only waited just over two weeks for my cbt. I think location and demand has alot to do with waiting times. Im in east london x x x

milkcowbluesStu
22-08-11, 16:57
Hello and welcome:)