PDA

View Full Version : Hearing heartbeat out my mouth?

kittykat22
21-08-11, 09:36
Hi everyone,

I know the title sounds really strange but I'm just wondering if anybody else has experienced this?

If I take a deep breath but hold it and have my mouth open I can hear my heart ticking out my mouth, kind of sounds like panting?

I'm not sure how I noticed this but not sure if it's normal?

Does anyone else get this if they hold theyr breath?

Thanks xx

ronski
21-08-11, 16:42
It's probably just resonance occurring because of air in your lungs. When you take a deep breath your lungs will press on the pericardial sac which is the outer case of the heart.

kittykat22
21-08-11, 21:08
Thanks for that... do you notice it tho?

Either if you excert yourself or if you take a deep breath and hold it with your mouth open?

Misteron81
21-08-11, 22:37
Hiya kittykat, I've just tried it but couldnt hear what you describe but it's definitely not anything to worry about. I'm the worlds worst when it comes to obsessing over heart things lol. It's like already said it could be air still escaping your lungs as im sure it doesn't do it the hole time you hold your breath x

Anxious_gal
22-08-11, 00:17
ugh lol I just tried that, kinda creepy! I assume it's normal haha :)
I felt my heart beat, kind of an in /out sensation in my mouth as if I were breathing

Lea_ls
12-06-22, 15:16
hello, how are you? Today I also have the same problem, do you still have the same phenomenon? do you know what it is?