PDA

View Full Version : Worried im seriously ill

jay28
21-08-11, 12:06
Have been having trouble with my stomach for the last few months, feeling tired, alot of discomfort, bloating and feeling sick. Doctors done some blood tests fbc, esr and checked me for celiac, all came back normal and said i was suffering with ibs, also had a colonoscopy done 18 months ago which came back normal.

The problem is i still cant accept there is nothing seriously wrong i seem to be going to the doctors everyweek, i lost weight last week and now i am now obsesseed with weighing myself 3/4 times a day, i ate loads yesterday and checked my weight this morning and im still weighing the same, my doctor did say she would monitor my weight for me, have also started taking citalopram 20mg i am on day 11 now.

I am 30 years old and scared to death i have the big C or some other serious disease.

Christers
21-08-11, 12:22
Hi Jay28! If you have been checked out thoroughly by the docs, i would not worry if i were you. Your fears can take over at times and the constant attempts at reassurance from the docs are not reasuring you, so you need to stop that. The problem with anxiety is that you have a constant feeling of impending doom and so you will look to find the cause of it, which you think is your health. It's your thoughts that are the problem. With regards to weightloss, when i was at my most anxious, i had little appetite and so lost weight. Certain types of medication can cause weight loss. Some anti-depressants cause weight gain in some people and weight loss in others. Try to distract yourself from your negative thoughts and stop the constant trips to the doctors. Best of luck! I've been there and know it's not easy!