PDA

View Full Version : How long

amzo
21-08-11, 16:41
Been taking Citalopram for 2 and a half weeks now. The good news is, I feel a lot better and my anxiety seems to be going. I have been suffering from other symptoms such as a burning mouth and throat, which my doctor says is due to anxiety. I also suffer from pins and needles, how long will it take for these symptoms to start to fade away, is it the same 4-6 weeks everyone is saying on this forum or do physical symptoms take longer to go away then mental symptoms?

saffy f
21-08-11, 16:56
Hi amzo.
I'm on this now after changing from Fluxotine and find I'm feeling alot better.
The physical symptoms do last a good few weeks,I sill get them but each day seem to be less.I suppose this can differ from person to person.I just think that as they relieve the mental symptoms and your mind is straight you will be able to learn to ignore the physical symptoms as you wont worry so much about them,until eventually they go.
Hope you feel better soon x

amzo
21-08-11, 18:57
Hi thanks for replying. My symptoms seem to be worse on some days more than others and I also have this funny feeling in my head, not a headache but just feels weird. I think the symptoms actually make me anxious which in turn makes my symptoms worse, its like a vicious cycle. Hope it goes away soon.