PDA

View Full Version : where can i go i need help today

sandy40
21-08-11, 16:44
im in a mess i need to speak to someone,im so worried about my heart...as many of you know,im having chest pains/tightness everyday,i cant go back to A&E what can i do?

JaneC
21-08-11, 17:04
If you're in Scotland you could always speak to NHS 24, Sandy

08454 242424

But you have to listen to what they tell you. Hope you feel better :hugs:

sandy40
21-08-11, 17:07
im scared they call a ambulance as A&E really will be fed up of me going

saffy f
21-08-11, 17:13
sandy they wont tell you to call an ambulance unless they really think something is wrong and the chances are there isnt. Dont worry about A&E thats what theyre there for.
Do you have someone there you can talk to,the more anxious you get the worse you will feel x

nomorepanic
21-08-11, 17:15
You need to calm down, relax and do some slow breathing.

You do not need to go back to A&E again and you know that deep down.

You are making the pain worse by worrying about it constantly.

Get off here and go for a nice hot bath or even a walk.

sandy40
21-08-11, 17:22
if i call them and mention my chest pains they will call a ambulance...ive my hubby here but he doesnt listen to me,when i walk or do anything the pain gets worse...thats what is worrying,plus the tightness,it goes up my throat and neck and my upper chest area feels its sunburnt..if you know what i mean,i know i keep repeating myself and i apologise.

saffy f
21-08-11, 17:29
read what Nicola has written.
Lie down and relax,play some music,read a book anything to take your mind off your pains.
I am sure this is due to you stressing.Breath deeply and slowly.
If you calm down and still feel no better than you can phone.They wont tell you to call an ambulance but will put your mind at rest x

anx mum
21-08-11, 17:30
Really feel for u hun wished u lived closer i would help you what ur expering sounds like what ive been through and its awful. U will be ok plz dont panic have u got any diazpam just to calm down:hugs:

s11fyx
21-08-11, 17:31
ive posted lots saying the same thing you need to calm down and relax have a warm bath get your hubby to get so radiant b or heat rub call one of the anixety help lines and talk to them.

nhs porb will call a aumbalnce to cover there backs

nomorepanic
21-08-11, 17:36
It does sound like acid reflux to me so go and see your GP tomorrow and get some medication that will help.

sandy40
21-08-11, 17:37
Im scared to take a diazepam,ive not took one for ages,i went to Tescos earlier and i felt the pains starting when i was walking about..just now my chest is hot...there i go again talking about it..i cant relax,never have been able to,ive a relaxation cd but i cannot get into it as i cant relax and switch my mind off.

sandy40
21-08-11, 17:39
Does it Nicola? what makes you think that..oh god i hope your right...do you know much about the blood test i posted about yesterday? ive had 3 done recently..im defo seeing my gp tomorrow even if ive to use a emergency appt.

anx mum
21-08-11, 17:40
Is your breathing fast listening to a cd would b good i used to do that but when your so worried its hard to get into it, have a bath, focus on something else. I know its hard hun i couldnt do it at first.

sandy40
21-08-11, 17:44
No Bev my breathings not fast,i wish we stayed nearer too..ive no-one to open properly up to,i do it here,my hubby ends up shouting at me and my family say im going to end up getting locked up!!!! so i dont tell them how i really feel anymore.

anx mum
21-08-11, 17:50
They dont understand hun unless u have been through it. I got so bad i had to go in hospital but one thing kept me going was my kids and i know yours will too. A diazpam might take the edge of the panic.

nomorepanic
21-08-11, 18:26
The blood tests shows if there is damage to the heart - I believe a chemical or something is released into the blood stream so they can pick it up from that.

Indigestion causes a lot of pain and you said it was in your throat as well. Lisa posted the same thing to you last week and suggested some medication that may help - did you try that?

There is no point going to A&E as it won't help. They will do an ECG and send you home.

Have you seen your GP since all of this started and asked him what it is?

Also do you smoke or drink alcohol - I can't remember?

sandy40
21-08-11, 18:36
I bought the zantac and im taking that but its made no difference.My gp says anxiety but ive not seen him since its got alot worse.I dont smoke,i have a glass or two of wine on a friday night but none since this has started...ive no appetite at all...i feel my throat and upper chest is full..just not hungry at all.

nomorepanic
21-08-11, 18:38
I agree it could be anxiety but could also be indigestion etc.

You need to start looking after yourself as well. Not eating is not going to help things at all.

Try something light and small.

sandy40
21-08-11, 18:41
Im scared to eat as i dont want to put pressure on my heart..daft i bet you think but when i eat my heart goes faster.

s11fyx
21-08-11, 18:51
thats natural everyones heart beats faster when they eat or move or do anything. you putting more strain on your heart by not ein as your hearts working harder

nomorepanic
21-08-11, 18:53
it is meant to go faster when you eat