PDA

View Full Version : I believe I'm developing Insomnia

JTallis
21-08-11, 16:53
Hey, in the past... 5 or so days I've had huge difficulty getting to sleep. Usually I slept during the day, but now it's just not possible. I've tried sleeping earlier when it's still night time - no joy.

I manage to get a few hours sleep a night, it's very difficult to get to sleep and to stay asleep. It's actually making me more depressed than I already am! I'm desperate for a good nights sleep.

Along with depression, I have OCD, agoraphobia (was just anxiety), low self-esteem... and what not. I believe this is the start of Insomnia too, I hope it's only short term but whatever the hell it is - I want it sorting out... and NOW!

Do any of you have any ideas how I could get a good nights sleep?

Downsinthenorth
21-08-11, 18:11
Hi JTallis
The best advice I had from someone else was not to make yourself fall asleep when you are like this because you won't, then you start worrying about it, which makes the problem worse and creates a vicious circle. So when it happens to me (most nights I wake up around 1:30 to 3am), I get up and do the ironing, load the dishwasher or tidy up the living room - something I have to do anyway, so that I don't feel like I'm wasting time. After a while, I generally feel a bit more relaxed, so I lie on the sofa and listen to something on the radio with my eyes shut until I drift off (or not).

Like you, I have so many other issues to deal with, that when this started (recently) I was determined that I wasn't going to let it become a major problem.

JTallis
21-08-11, 19:42
Yeah, I tried to keep myself busy when I can't sleep - it's just hard because I'm just too tired to do anything.