PDA

View Full Version : Saw cardiologist been told to double dose of bisoporol- any1 on it?

gordie1
21-08-11, 22:02
HI I ve had atrial fibrilation recently and been put on bisoprolol originally 2.5mg then one in the morning and one at night to increase to 5mg a day saw cardiologist on friday and he said to increase to 10mg (5mg x 2 a day) anxious about it as it seems a big step worried about what side effects are going to be feel contiously exhausted and spaced out and detached as it is. Is anyone else on it at a high dose?? many thanks

countrygirl
21-08-11, 22:11
Beta blockers can have quite bad side effects as they obviously slow your heart rate down and reduce the pumping action of your heart as well. did the cardio say why he wants you to increase the med??? did you tell him you are already suffering from quite bad side effects??

You can always ring his secretary up and ask for another appt to discuss further if necessary.

pammy1944
21-08-11, 22:51
bisoprorol is excellent for irregular heartbeats , gordie , ive been on them for 8 yrs

gordie1
21-08-11, 22:53
what dose are you on? Did you feel exhausted at first? Pammy

haynsey
21-08-11, 23:38
Hi, my husband is in bisoprorol for the heart attack he had, i am sure he takes 2.5 a day..it was the ramapril that made him dizzy together with several other drugs at the time he was discharged from hosp, he had to start new and stronger drugs...:)

nomorepanic
21-08-11, 23:47
I am on 2.5mg a day as well following a heart attack. It makes me very tired too.

s11fyx
22-08-11, 06:44
My mum takes it for her condition i think she just feels tired she doesn't take a big amount though

haynsey
22-08-11, 22:56
Hi, listen to the cardiologist, you will be fine on that amount of bisoprolol..