PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please?

xxjaidexx
21-08-11, 23:03
Hi Everybody,
I'm new to this site and a severe Health Anxiety Suffered and am really looking for help/advice and just generally someone who can understands.
I have major health anxiety which is really beginning to take over my life now!
I constantly think I'm ill or have major problems.
I have heart palpitations, breathlessness, numbness, tingling hands and fingers, head pressure (sometimes for days), diarrhea, nauseousness, trouble sleeping due to being scared I won't wake up, dizziness, lightheaded, feeling faint and just feel like i'm not here.
I have panic attacks everyday. If i have a headache Its a tumor. Numbness its a stroke. Rashes/fever its meningitis. Any pains in my belly that's my appendix I can't even feel sick anymore without thinking there is something seriously wrong. I cant have a cold anymore for the same reasons. Also, I have had belly pains for about a week now and have convinced myself its my appendix (any pains and have actually managed to hurt myself in the belly by prodding it so much and pushing to see if its my appendix!!
Does anybody have any similar symptoms to me or am I going mad??

kinnygirl1
21-08-11, 23:12
Hi and welcome!

You are not going mad. I suffer exactly the same symptons as you - I could have written your post a few weeks back to be honest. I am getting to a point where I can see that it is most likely anxiety and NOT a serious illness but I still have my moments ( actually logged on tonight becasue been getting a pain in chest over where I think my heart is and am getting anxious!)

There are many more of us going through the same thing.

Have you seen a GP to discuss any of your concerns?

Kinnygirl x

xxjaidexx
21-08-11, 23:14
Thanks for the reply. I have seen my doctor about this and she gave me Citalopram but I took it once and felt faint and lightheaded like tunnel-vision faint if that makes sense and then never took it again. I have a pain in my right side now and its my appendix of course!! Are you the same as me?

kinnygirl1
21-08-11, 23:20
Yes - one of my previous most intense worries was a pain in lower right side. I flitted between thinking it was appendix and bowel cancer! I had had the pain on and off for years but at times worried about it more than others. I recently mentioned it to my GP when I was there for sick note review and he felt the area I was worried about and said most likely trapped wind and that his level of worry about it was nil! So since then I have stopped worrying about that ...... and focused on worried about my heart- LOL!

I am just like you - it really sounds like we have similar anxieties!

If the cit is not working for you would you consider trying something else?

K x

Davinci817
22-08-11, 00:02
Yep I too could have written your post sometime back. Might be time to call your GP back and tell them that particular med didn't work for you and try another. At least if you get on one that works you will be able to tell if you are just anxious or if maybe something else is going on physically.

xxjaidexx
22-08-11, 10:04
I have had blood tests and blood pressure checks all clear. Just hate these feelings all the time!! Makes me feel so depressed