PDA

View Full Version : Find relaxing time hard

phil06
22-08-11, 02:27
Lately I've felt so troubled by what's on my mind I can't really push myself to relax and go watch a film or tv. I spend all night on dating sites depressed and my confidence is low as had no joy at work either.

But I've got a few symptoms just wondered if anybody feels this blank mind or not alive..floating feeling for a few seconds? And you jump almost and worry am I still alive? Sometimes my mind just goes blank for a few seconds and everything seems unreal. I still fear health issues or some mental health issue with all of the symptoms I get even mentioning a symptom or topic causes me to fear automatically that I have it.

I really feel on a mission though, I wish I could relax but sitting watching a DVD tonight I'd never enjoy the movie as I'd just want to feel sorry for myself..I really can't stop pitying and it also makes me frustrated feeling low. I know it sounds strange but the PC makes me sit and drool into space for hours now out of any task this one makes me most anxious I can sit here and just feel I don't wanna move.

Anybody else experienced this or any of it and found a good solarium? :blush:

Anxious_gal
22-08-11, 03:11
My laptop/ipod/internet , are so great for distraction, I use them way too much to escape reality and to pass a few hours.
I don't watch tv much these days, I would suggest recording or watching your favorite tv shows rather than a whole movie maybe?
On an anxious day I'm pretty much glued to my laptop.
Maybe set a time limit to your usage. like an hour on the lap top, then an hour on house work, then laptop , then some other activity?
also getting outside and meeting people is way more fun than the laptop : )

phil06
23-08-11, 02:17
I find it annoying I have tasks I could do after work but once I sit down I go into a trance and that's me PC bound all night..feel my brain is not working and distant unreal feeling.

Meewah
23-08-11, 20:02
If it helps do it. I'm the same I go round checking for or five of my common websites and then sometimes find myself going on them again when I have just closed them.

The computer is a great friend. I sometimes worry what I would do if I had to endure time in hospital without my laptop......shudder.

You can learn other distraction techniques like reading, tv etc. Ultimately we need to face our worse scenario being with yourself without any distractions.

I'm going away for a hol soon and I can already feel myself wanting to take my laptop, ipod, books, asprin, propranol etc... I now I should not take them all as they are all safety nets.

Mee

Tyke
24-08-11, 02:20
All of the above advice seems really good Phil. I would just add I find going for long walks helps. Physical exercise is very good for destressing and not very demanding concentration wise.

Tyke :)