PDA

View Full Version : off to the docs this morning....if i can get an appt!

MVP123
22-08-11, 08:08
Well its been a month since I have seen my GP which is a record for me in the last few months. I'm not sure what I want out of this appt, I am going about all the problems I am having with my abdomen, and in a way I want her to tell me its all anxiety, but in another way I want her to send me for a pelvic ultrasound, even tho it will be hell waiting for test results and that, at least it would rule stuff out, or catch stuff early. If she says its just anxiety and I keep getting abdomen pains and that I will have wished that I had demanded a scan, cause if there is somat really wrong then delaying treatment is worse. Does anyone know if a pelvic ultrasound can see cancerous tumours like ovarian cancer?

MandySlade
22-08-11, 08:13
The only advise I can give you is this:

If there are -any- serious concerns by your doctor based on your symptoms she -WILL- send you for the appropriate tests. You have to trust and believe that. Ask if it's something she honestly thinks you need and take her advise.

MVP123
22-08-11, 11:14
Well just been to the docs, and she reckons its just constipation, however I do go everyday, but they are just small ones and it never feels like my bowels have been emptied. She did feel my tummy and it did feel sore when she pressed on the right side, but she sed that is due to my left colon being slightly distended cause of constipation. Even tho I didn't want to go for any tests, it is sop hard to trust in my GP and believe that I don't have a serious illness. Also there are some disease that cause constipation, shuldnt they investigate that?xx