PDA

View Full Version : Lost our little dog

yorkylover
22-08-11, 16:59
Today we had to have our little dog Toby put to sleep.He became ill very suddenly and went so very quickly today.It was all very sudden.We are devastated.:weep:
I have been anxious and feeling sick all day,it was one of the hardest things Iv ever had to do.I know it was the right thing for him but that does not make it any better.Iv been crying the whole day and just needed to talk.

:weep::weep::weep::weep:

snowgoose
22-08-11, 17:08
yorkylover ........I am so sorry to read this .
You must feel devastated and still a bit shocked as it was sudden .
it is awful to lose one of our animal companions who seem always to know when we are down and comfort so much .

the one thing I found to help was to talk and write things down to help the grief

you have other dogs dont you ? take comfort from them if you can tonight .

make sure you look after yourself
:hugs:

Velma66
22-08-11, 18:05
I am so sorry to hear your sad news, I'm sending you a big hug xx

linjoy
22-08-11, 18:27
So sorry to hear of your loss, we lost our cat 4 months ago and I know how terrible you feel, sending lots and lots of hugs and hope you feel better soon

pollyanna
22-08-11, 18:35
i am so sorry to hear this sad news, it has been a terrible shock for you as it has all happened so quickly, poor toby, i am sure you did the right thing for him. you will want to talk about it, to try and work through your grief, and thats good. grief is grief, and he was a member of your family.
thinking of you, and sending you love and hugs xx

debera
23-08-11, 01:33
aww ellen im so so sorry to hear about your little dog. my heart goes out to you. i know how you are feeling as you know i lost hannah in march. it the hardest thing to go through and so sad. i still miss hannah. pm me if you need to ellen. again hun im so very sorry
love debera x x x x:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yorkman
23-08-11, 01:33
Really sorry about toby! I know how you feel and it's terrible, when i lost my dog it was devastating! They're part of the family! A pal ! So loyal and affectionate!
I still miss mine years after and keep it's toy in a drawer still.
I would love another but can't yet because of work.
Take care won't you !

lucy devine
23-08-11, 03:12
i am very sorry to hear about your loss, i am a dog lover myself and couldn't bear to be without my 3...I know I can't say anything really that will help/ bring toby back but I'd just like you to know that you, family and toby are in my thoughts.
It is the hardest task in life to get over the loss of a loved one, but the happy memories you shared with him will always carry you on through.
Lots of love and hugs
Lucy
xxx

Gemma T
23-08-11, 11:55
Im so sorry! I love dogs and have a westie called Nanook. I love him so much. I can only imagine how u feel. He is in a good place now. You will see him again and im sure he'll be wagging his tail like mad when you do x x x x

debs71
23-08-11, 12:03
I'm so sorry your hear your sad news hun.

Losing a pet is devastating as they are part of the family.

I know exactly how you feel as my cat Hobo died in similar circumstances. He literally fell ill one morning with a serious illness, we rushed him to the vet and by the evening he had passed away. It was a tremendous shock.

I send you big, big hugs and sincere sympathy.xxxx:hugs::bighug1:

Velma66
23-08-11, 14:30
I'm so sorry to hear that. We lost our cat last month in similar circumstances & it was such a shock-I totally understand how you feel, you need to give yourself time to grieve. It's heartbreaking & devastating, they are one of the family. I was a complete wreck but slowly am improving-it's very hard to bear but I promise you it will get easier.
Take care of yourself x

valleybear
23-08-11, 16:42
Yorkie lover...I am so very sorry to hear that you have lost Toby. I am thinking of you as I know when I lost my Yorkie (Corrie) when he was 16 I cried for days and had a big sore lump in my chest when I wasn't crying! For a long time afterwards I couldn't talk about him without welling up. I didn't really want another dog..just wanted him back! Have got a another Yorkie now..just him and me so I know how they become your life. Sending kindest thoughts and hugs :hugs::hugs:

Magic
23-08-11, 18:51
Yorkielover,
So sad so sorry.:hugs::hugs:
We have been looking after our daughters dog Staffordshire Bull.
He was 16. He had not been well and not eating or drinking.
We took him to the vet 2 days running. The second time it was bad news, as they had sedated him to look inside his mouth they found a mass in his throat.so while sedated he was put to sleep Friday.
I have this terrible guilt because I never really wanted him, but with my daughter not been able to cope with him.we had no choice.
I am still looking for him. I use to stop up late to let him out and I forget and I cannot get out of the habit of him not being here.
Now we are free to do what we like without leaving him in too long.we are so sad we cannot go out anyway.

Trixie
23-08-11, 18:58
It's a nightmare when our pets are ill. My youngest Siamese had been off colour and was staying at the vets for a couple of nights on a drip. She came home the other day but once again her tummy is bad.:weep:

I am feeling really anxious about her. I think it is time for the Cipralex.

yorkylover
24-08-11, 00:04
Thank you so much for all your kind words.Toby was a miniature poodle /chiuaua cross,very small very unique.People called him Gizmo because he had big bat ears.

He was my mother in laws dog but spent most of his time with me and hubby,he was my yorky's best mate they grew up together both 11.

It all happened so quickley and was a shock,we just feel numb and sick.

My heart goes a out to you all with poorly pets and pets that have sadly passed away,I lost my first yorky 11 years ago and the pain hasnt gone away.

Im trying to be strong for my hubby as he is devastated,even though he was my mother in laws dog he loved my hubby and was close to him.

And its when you know you did the right thing but that negative feeling digs at you and tells you different.:weep:

xBettyBoopx
24-08-11, 00:47
Dear Yorkylover

I am so sorry to hear about the loss your pet Toby. It is very devasting especially when unexpected.

http://www.montclairvethospital.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/pet_loss.jpg

Love
Els
xxx

Hazel B
24-08-11, 16:15
So sorry, it's awful to lose a beloved pet.:hugs:

Veronica H
24-08-11, 16:42
:bighug1:thinking of you.
xV

Vanilla Sky
24-08-11, 19:43
I,m so sorry :weep:

Love and hugs to you :hugs::hugs:
Paige xxxx

M155anthr0p3
24-08-11, 19:56
So sad...
Thinking of you xxx

bottleblond
24-08-11, 19:57
Aww hun i am so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you. :hugs:

Love Lisa
xxx

sunshine-lady
24-08-11, 21:06
so sorry to hear of your terrible loss. I am sure Toby will be running free at the Rainbow Bridge xx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxqM3zpvuSo

yorkylover
28-08-11, 21:58
Toby's ashes are home so he can rest in peace now.
its so hard !!!!!!:weep::weep::weep::weep: