PDA

View Full Version : Help for when the depression seems to be creeping back :(

worried 101
22-08-11, 17:15
hi all...havent written on here for a while as havent felt the need..been ok recently and people have noticed that I have been alot better but yesterday I suddenly felt crap again...felt really panicky and short of breath and couldnt stop the tears...been a bit stressed recently as my boyfriend has had to do alot of practice and gigs with his band which wasnt his fault but felt like I hadnt seen him in a while which might have made me a bit anxious. Just feel really numb and trying to stay positive and in my job I have to be positive but its so fake and all i want to do is curl up in a little ball and cry.
Not really sure why I am posting this sort of wanted to get stuff out there and see if other people have felt like this....my depression tends to make me question everything about myself and doubt everything from my own saneness, my job, my relationships with people(such as my partner and family etc) which I hate as I love my partner so much and my family so much and they have been amazing towards me and my illness.Basically makes me feel like crap and so worthless and I have had a few really bad episodes where I cant cope and cant work and had to get the crisis team out to help me.I dont want to go back down that route but dont know how to stop this overwhelming feeling of sadness.sorry this is so long winded but could do with any help.xxx

Velma66
22-08-11, 18:14
I'm sorry to hear you're feeling bad worried101-what amazes me is I feel I couldve written that post, I totally understand how you're feeling!
It's cruel isn't it, just as you think you're on the up back comes anx/dep grrr. Try to remember, we won't always feel like this-just want to say you're not alone in feeling like this-I'll be v interested to read replies with advice
take care of yourself x

worried 101
23-08-11, 09:37
thanks for the advice...feeling really rubbish today...my boyfriends really stressed at the moment and its putting a strain on our relationship...he seperated from his wife and is trying to juggle seeing his daughters and us and a job and i dont know what I can do to help him (plus his ex is a real bitch!)and its really getting me down...any advice people?!He is in denial and saying he is fine but its making him poorly and crap.I know we will be ok but I feel rubbish as just dont know how to help.xxx