PDA

View Full Version : Want to help my girlfriend

Mishapxx
22-08-11, 21:59
So my girlfriend has PTSD and has had it for quite a few years, due to trauma in her childhood. She says she thinks about it every day amd cannot stop. I don't really know much about it, although I've been through very similar trauma and whatnot. Any advice on how I can help her at all? I feel terrible not knowing what to do.

nomorepanic
22-08-11, 22:47
Has she ever had any form of counselling?

Mishapxx
23-08-11, 01:03
She has been to therapy and been on quite a few different medications, all of which has given her bad reactions so she's not on anything right now, and gets very nervous at the thought of councelling even when I offer to go with her. She also has a lot of anxiety in general as well as OCD and a few others.

Lynnann
26-08-11, 00:34
As someone who has had PTSD for quite a few years a lot of which was caused from childhood experiences, I can't even begin to explain how much I would recomenend counselling.To have an outside outlook; I also found it so beneficial to talk to other people that had been through similar experiences, so a support group would be invaluable. If she can't find one I would be happy to private message with her.

Lynnann:flowers: